Librelec 10 no wifi 5ghz ?

• Hi all,

I just did a fresh install of librelec 10 on raspberry pi 4 and I doesn't connect to my hybrid wifi 2ghz/5ghz broadcasted by ubiquiti antennas.

My ubiquiti application shows that the device alwyays choose 2ghz.

I try to change the regulation domain from the GUI settings or the following via ssh and nothing works with a reboot between each time: echo "options cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom=US” > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/cfg80211.conf

Even tried to test GB, DE, FR or CH and none of them works (I'm in Switzerland).

I try to boot on the same device with Raspbian or Ubuntu OS and it works well.

Do you guys have any ideas ? I'm stuck and I couldn't find anything to correct this.

• I always like to ask the question: does it work good-enough for your use-case? .. because users frequently obsess over how to force a device to use 5GHz "because it's faster" but the kernel 80211 framework is written to figure out which frequency band gives the better signal and use it, so while 5GHz theoretically is faster it's also more susceptible to poor signal problems, while "lower speed" 2.4GHz with a better signal may give you higher throughput. It's also important to focus on "fast enough" vs. "max theoretical speed" because if it *is* fast enough, it's fast enough. Only "not fast enough" is an actual problem. NB: Regdom can be set from within the LE settings add-on these days, so no need to use modprobe options files.

• Hi Chewitt,

I already tried to set the Regdom from the settings but it doesn't change anything.

Regarding the "good enough", I would like to have 5ghz as the rasperry is installed as a media player and with very big ISO or movies files I could see that the movies sometime lag or got micro lag.

So yes 2.4 Ghz is most of the time okay but as files become bigger and bigger, 5Ghz becomes a needs.

• I solved it like this:

Router setting: another username and password for 2.4 Ghz and another for 5 Ghz. When you connect to PI4, you enter your 5 Ghz username and password, and you forget about 2.4 Ghz. Provided your routered allows it. Probably yes.

Hi. D