Krypton Backup Addon

• Anyone tried to use the backup addon in Krypton?

Backing up addons seems to work fine but when you restore none of them appear. Except if you go to the addon repository they are all there but not enabled.

Anyone seen this before?

• Which addons in particular?
    Because we need to be able to reproduce the error(s).

Nothing in particular. I was trying a flat install of LE and installing Backup and any random addon (like GiantBomb from the Kodi Repo). Backing up the addon and copying the export to my computer. Resetting LE to fresh install again, installing Backup and copying the old export back and importing.

The addon again wouldn't be present but if I went into my addons it would be there and disabled.

• I doubt this is an error. As far as I can make out installing addons is deliberately more difficult in krypton to make life harder for the build makers. Pre-krypton you could plonk an addon in the addons folder and on re-start it was working. Now it's installed but disabled.

• I doubt this is an error. As far as I can make out installing addons is deliberately more difficult in krypton to make life harder for the build makers. Pre-krypton you could plonk an addon in the addons folder and on re-start it was working. Now it's installed but disabled.

I think you may be right. Its quite frustrating having to go in and renable restored addons and sometimes they won't enable at all (some services for example).