GUI on screen when pressing pause during watching changed

• Dear All,

Previously, when pressing pause while I was watching, I would get a neat GUI (or perhaps that´ s called an overlay) with all the player buttons (FF, FB, PLAY, STOP and so on), indication of time left and the actual time itself showing.
    I´ m not sure if it´´ s because I just upgraded to MATRIX or have fiddled with something, but I no longer get this, but just a bar on top of the screen showing where I am in the clip. I can press the button on my remote (Kore on Android) in the lower right corner with 9 squares to see the mentioned GUI, but I need to do this every time I pause, and have no idea how to make it the default.

My hardware is an RPI 3B.

Any ideas?

• Thanks, so indeed this was an intentional change and not just me messing up. The method used by Da Flex (that I can also use) takes an extra key press, like the one mentioned by me, and an additional keypress when playing again to make the GUI disappear, which it would do by itself after a few seconds in earlier versions.
    I guess I´ ll just have to live with it and get used to it then; judging by the comment of SM, this is something some people did not like, and it´ s probably a requested change that´ s been implemented.