Posts by jazzlpunk

It's possible to change latency for video content (to align with audio) but I think that mechanism assumes Kodi is playing both and that won't be the case with an audio-only stream being played.

NB: At one point it was possible to 'cast' YouTube URLs from a smartphone to Kodi so they played (audio and video) on Kodi; which would be played together (in-sync) and somewhat avoid the problems.

Cheers, I understand what you mean. I guess I do not really have any ways to solve this then. There used to be an add-on for chrome that would let you adjust the youtube latency in the way you are describing, but this stopped working because Google thought the colors of its icon looked too much like their logo, and this never been dealt with by the developer...

Dear All,

Is there a way to decrease the 2 sec latency of Airplay on Raspberry Pi 4b?

I am sending audio from Win 10 via Tuneblade and when watching youtube clips (on the Windows computer), the 2 secs delay of the sound can be pretty frustrating sometimes.

Note: The below was moved from a new thread with the same topic that I created because this thread was more than 120 days old, which however got deleted and put here instead by staff. Its nearly identical to the first post here so it can be ignored by whoever is reading this. Although it may seem confusing, I am leaving it, just in case the staff member found that there was a reason to do it like this.

Dear All,

I am using a PC with Tuneblade to stream music to my rpi 4b with latest official libreelec (also happened on pi3b and libreelec 10.0.0) on it via Airblade. This shows up as "System Audio". There´ is one problem though:

If I stop libreelec from receiving the stream using Kore on Android by pressing the stop button, I can no longer connect to libreelec with Tuneblade until the rpi has been rebooted. In other words, pressing stop simply crashes or stops the service.

Now I could just stop the music by disconnecting on Tuneblade, but the thing is that sometimes if I watch a movie via libreelec, it suddenly gets interrupted when I for instance receive an email on the PC, which generates a sound that´s being sent via Airplay. Then when I start the movie again, the Airplay service has been shut down next time I want to hear music via Tuneblade, and I need to reboot the rpi.

And.. it´s actually convenient for me to get those interruptions from the email program, theyre work related, but I could of course just remember to stop the Tuneblade stream before watching movies and use my mobile instead to warn me about emails, but unfortunately also a ton of other things, that I dont want to be bothered about, when Im watching a movie.

So what Im looking for is an elegant way to restart Airplay from the shell without having to reboot (or prevent airplay from being shut down in the first place). I have tried with systemctl restart avahi-daemon, but that didnt do the trick.

Here is a log file made when the the problem took place:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Any advise?

Reviving this thread, now that I got everything running on a pi4b instead with latest libreelec and a sufficient PSU. The problem has not gone away, so I am pasting a new debug log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hopefully somebody has a good advise.

Thanks in advance!

Dear All,

I went from version 10.0.0 to the latest and also went from rpi 3b to 4b. Previously if I set the volume to a lower level than 100 % with Kore, Libreelec would remember this, also after a reboot. Now, however, it goes back to 100 % whenever I have not used Libreelec for a day or so, but not rebooted it.

The problem is the same whether if I use Kore or a remote hooked up via Flirc.
    Any suggestions?

Good news! The new cable adaptor together with the old HDMI cable from my pi 3b made things work as a charm! Now I can watch H265 files, which was mainly my reason for upgrading. However, I noticed that when viewing such files, the screen goes blue (no signal) for a second and then returns to the connection with the pi, where the file starts flawlessly. This does not happen with H264 encoded files, so I find it a bit strange. Obviously I have never had this issue before, since the pi 3b cannot play H265 content. Any explanation to this?

Hi, What kind of monitor did you use for RPi4 setup, and what is the max. supported resolution? The 720p resolution is something standard for TV's. Something very strange happening with your RPi4 setup. Could be the HDMI cable, was few cases with poor quality HDMI cables what isn't supported higher resolutions (the monitor resolution?). Or the power source, I had something similar with my RPi3, when I connected something to RPi, after reboot wasn't had picture. Or TV EDID detection, could you try with another TV? Or after fresh TV setup, when the screen setup is done, try to send thru SSH the "getedid create" command. That will save the TV display parameters (EDID data) and will use it at every startup.

The monitor is from AOC and max resolution is 1920 x 1080. The same type of cable is connecting another rpi4 to the monitor, but of course that does not mean that the cable used for the libreelec pi is not having a defect. I have ordered an adapter now, so that I can use a normal HDMI cable with the pi. Lets see how that goes. I have no other tvs to try on, but hopefully its all about the cable. I will get back when I have some news.

Nah, if you use the above cmdline.txt options, then it always starts with the same HDMI mode.

In fact, I did a reinstallation where everything looked as it should on the monitor untill I added video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720@60D to cmdline.txt. After that, I got no picture at all, not even after removing that line, so this is the point where I did another reinstallation. I did not try vc4.force_hotplug=1 at any point though.

Some good news: I decided to reinstall libreelec one more time and connect the pi directly to the tv during the setup process. Previously I did this via my monitor.

This worked smoothly, and I even tested it afterwards to do the job well.

Unfortunately, when I assembled the case completely, meaning to attach the hifiberry board that I use with it and close the lid, something went wrong when I connected it again: The image was gone :(

I tried to take off both the lid and the hifiberry again, but the result was the same. Tried again on my monitor, but no luck.

My theory is that I broke something in the HDMI cable when pulling it in and out or perhaps when putting the case together, which required a hard slap on it, while the cable was still connected - obviously the power was off at that point.

I dare not trying with my other HDMI cable which is connecting another pi that I use as a thin client for my work computer elsewhere in the house, since I do not want to risk the same thing happening to that cable. I know these cables break very easily, so I guess I will order a new one and give it another try...
    Anyway: The point must be that libreelec may be very fragile to whatever screen was used during setup, dont you think?

The pi works fine with the case when connecting it to a monitor. I tried connecting it directly to the TV and got no image at all at any time. I will try to do that again next week, since I managed only to connect to one of the HDMI inputs because of cable length. Who knows if there´ is an issue with that input... I wanna rule out everything.

Thanks, the one I´m using is Highpi Pro universal case for the RPI 4

The setup works fine on my monitor, but I should perhaps add that there´s an Onkyo amp with HDMI inbetween the pi and the tv, so I will see if switching ports or bypassing the amp could provide a different result.

Btw, the tv´s resolution is not 1280x720p but in fact 1,366x768. Could this be the problem?