Airplay latency

• Dear All,

Is there a way to decrease the 2 sec latency of Airplay on Raspberry Pi 4b?

I am sending audio from Win 10 via Tuneblade and when watching youtube clips (on the Windows computer), the 2 secs delay of the sound can be pretty frustrating sometimes.

• It's possible to change latency for video content (to align with audio) but I think that mechanism assumes Kodi is playing both and that won't be the case with an audio-only stream being played.

NB: At one point it was possible to 'cast' YouTube URLs from a smartphone to Kodi so they played (audio and video) on Kodi; which would be played together (in-sync) and somewhat avoid the problems.

• It's possible to change latency for video content (to align with audio) but I think that mechanism assumes Kodi is playing both and that won't be the case with an audio-only stream being played.

NB: At one point it was possible to 'cast' YouTube URLs from a smartphone to Kodi so they played (audio and video) on Kodi; which would be played together (in-sync) and somewhat avoid the problems.

Cheers, I understand what you mean. I guess I do not really have any ways to solve this then. There used to be an add-on for chrome that would let you adjust the youtube latency in the way you are describing, but this stopped working because Google thought the colors of its icon looked too much like their logo, and this never been dealt with by the developer...