This ist my firts thread ever in a blog, so I apologize in advance for any "false" or "missing" description here.
I have experience in handling Windows- and Linux-Systems with SMB-Shares, but I'm not a real expert. So I tried several things in the last 3 days to solve the problem and spend a few hours in research in the net, without any success.
I'm aware of that LE 10 is brandnew to RPi4, so I'm not expecting a perfect System at that time . But this bug looks strange to me.
In short terms:
1) LE 10 on RPi 4 since Sunday, 2021/15/08 (before that: LE 9.2.6/Kodi 18.9)
2) FritzBox 7590, OS 7.28, WD USB HDD on Fritz.nas, share, user and pw are set on the FB.
3) Every values/settings (especially SMB, Network) are proofed and worked fine since now. I know about the thousands threads in the net concerning problems with SMB1, Windows 10 etc., but this in definintly not the case here (or I'm totally wrong at all :-))
Description of the Problem:
1) under LE 9.2/Kodi 18.9 everythings works fine
2) after succesful Update to LE 10:
- Windows can reach KODI shares (an viceversa)
- Windows can reach the USB-HDD at the FB
- !! KODI Does not at any case!!
- Log at the FB says, that theres a wrong pw (but correct user!) as the KODIBOX tries to use the SMB-Service/USB-HDD, but it is definity not the case! The user and pw are correct ,
I proofed it several times. Also a test with a change of user and pw did not succeed.
3) Within my research I found, that AVM banned SMB from their OS and replaced it to something called "NQCS", and that since then there were several othe Problems (wrong creation of ACL tables etc.) with SMB-shares in other cases, but I found no solution to mine. In fact, I believe that the problem refers to user/user-rights between LE 10 and the FB-share settings.
4) I've found no hint for changing somethin at the FB configuration (that makes no sense in my view, since LE 9.2 wirked fine with FB OS 7.28...). I tried all combinations of SMB1 - SMB3 values on both sides (KODI (client and server) and FB, where SMB2/3 is since OS 7.x (?) bei default, SMB1 only to activate addionally, as far I understood all the manuals I read)
5) I also tried several common changes within the smb.conf(s) on the KODIBOX itself - without any effect to the SMB behaviour (towards the USB-HDD/any share at the FB, any other share in the LAN ist reachable).
6) Addionally things I noticed:
- The KODIBOX ist not visible in windows network, despite the actual SMB supports WS-Discovery Protocol (which replaces NETBIOS functionality from SMB1- or am I wrong?).
1) Does anybody else have a similar problem?
2) Did I oversee something so obvious, that I didn't recognize it? (The Update went fine, so I didn't expect a mistake/change in the configuration terms from LE 9.2 to 10.0, which causes these problem)
3) Is there another hint to look for?
4) Is the only chance to return to my backup of LE 9.2? I can't believe, since everything else works perfect for me at the moment.
Thanks for any help!
EDIT: Meanwhile I came to know another user with the same problem.