I was planning to install an extra RPi in the bedroom. Since I have LE10 running on my RPi4 in the livingroom, I decided to give a nightly build of LE10 for the RPi2/3 a shot. Mainly because I run the MySQL configuration on my NAS hence the Databases should be the same.
However, I can't get the RPi 2 to boot. At all.
Here's what I tried:
- I installed the LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-10.0-nightly-20210808-f02196c.img.gz from LibreELEC nightly downloads
- I tried 3 different SD-cards
- I tried 2 different RPi 2B's (I have 2 lying around)
- I tried reformatting the SD-card with the SD Card Formatter 5 tool
- I tried installing the Image with Balena Etcher: balenaEtcher - Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives
- I tried the official LE9.2 build for the RPi2 from the download page Raspberry Pi 2 – LibreELEC
- I tried both the HDMI output as well as the composite output on my little Sony TV. Both give same results.
Nothing works. The screen either flashes the rainbowscreen for a second with the LE10 nightly build and then stays black or remains on the rainbow screen with the official LE 9.2 build.
I'm scratching my head here. What am I missing?
I installed Raspberry Pi OS (32bit) on my SD-card and tried that. Guess what? This works... The OS boots up and works like a charm. But I can't get ANY LE build to work, no matter what I do...