Turn off HDMI Addon

• Is there a addon that turns off hdmi signal?

I see some screensaver addons for the rpi and wondering if anyone uses one on s905/x.

My TV turns off after 15 minutes when it has no signal, but since i keep the box on 24/7 that feature does not work.

What im looking for is after 10 minutes instead of activating the screen saver it turns off the hdmi signal which would then mean the tv will turn off after 15 minutes of no signal.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (November 13, 2016 at 12:15 AM).

• Does CEC work with your TV? There is an option to put devices in standby when the screensaver starts.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work with Black\Dim screensaver modes.

My mistake, is DOES work with Black & Dim modes. :)

Edited once, last by minimoe (November 13, 2016 at 9:42 AM).

• Does CEC work with your TV? There is an option to put devices in standby when the screensaver starts.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work with Black\Dim screensaver modes.

My mistake, is DOES work with Black & Dim modes. :)

This is pretty much what I do.

I have the power button on my remote mapped to active the screensaver in remote.xml

Code
    <keymap>
      <global>
        <remote>
          <power>ActivateScreensaver</power>
        </remote>
      </global>
    </keymap>

Then in CEC settings I have the setting to turn off the TV when the screensaver is activated.

• Try

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank

How can i make that work as a screen saver and of course I want the signal to come back once a button is pressed on the remote
    [hr]

This is pretty much what I do.

I have the power button on my remote mapped to active the screensaver in remote.xml

Code
    <keymap>
      <global>
        <remote>
          <power>ActivateScreensaver</power>
        </remote>
      </global>
    </keymap>

Then in CEC settings I have the setting to turn off the TV when the screensaver is activated.

I have not been able to get my tv to trun off via cec

Edited once, last by JonSnow (November 14, 2016 at 4:04 AM).

• I know this is an old post and stumbled upon it when I was looking for a problem I had.

I've had some weird experiences with LG TV's that do not fully support all HDMI-CEC commands.

I could turn the device on but not off and had to look for another solution. In the end it could be either resolved sending an UDP command via a network cable or RS232 which the screen luckily supported.