So created a SD Card. What then?

• Hello everyone, sorry if this seems a bit trivial as a question but I'm a complete neophyte.

So I just created the SD Card with LibreElec, and I realize there are probably some other steps I should take before plugging this in my TV. Is there some sort of manual/hand-me notes available that could help me in figuring out what's next? You know, stuff like:

- Should I activate miniHDMI port on my RPi4B?

- If I'm using wireless keyboard, does it need to be identified as well?

Like I said, I am completely new to Kodi and LibreELEC, but I should be smart enough to understand your replies (and they may spark more questions!)

EDIT: Think I forgot to mention that I did plug my SD card in my RPi4, but nothing came up on the screen: no boot sequence, no signal, nothing. So I'm wondering if I missed a step somewhere.

Edited once, last by JDBx (June 30, 2021 at 10:48 PM).

• Official Post

JDBx Any type or form of image writer should work when writing the LibreELEC image to a SDcard, USB stick or other drive.

That said, it's not impossible that one method doesn't and the other method does work for you. Personally I have had hiccups with LibreELEC's own USB/SD Creator tool. After some testing, I find that Rufus (in Windows) works best for me.

MiniHDMI ports need not to be activated, although Kodi only uses HDMI0 (closest to the USB-C power slot).

Wireless keyboard support depends on their keyboard type. Bluetooth needs to be paired first, and those with their own USB receiver dongle "should work" instantly on Linux. But... "your mileage may vary" since we also have no exact details on your hardware accessories.

• Thanks for these quick replies, and sorry for not being as forthcoming!

The RPi4 2Gb did work, as Klojum mentioned the cable had to be on the HDMI0 for the screen. I used the LibreELEC SD creator tool with a 16Gb card, and despite it closing as I shut the Terminal window, I could use the downloaded file and copy it in a subsequent operation. I am now using a USB dongle keyboard/mouse combo, and it works really well! I am currently on Linux (Ubuntu 20.04.02 LTS on an old AMD Phenom Quadcore CPU and even older ASUS Mobo) and loving it, having moved away from Windows some years ago. (Just to be clear, the RPi4 only has LibreELEC OS for Kodi!)

But I still got issues with Kodi/some add-ons though.

- My subscribed services seems to be working: I've managed to add the Netflix add-on, but I realize that some movies and series in "My List" cannot be seen (or found) with Kodi. Is there a reason for this? I am using a VPN that ensures I'm in the correct location (manually switching the server location before changing the add-on being used).

- Some default add-ons let me see the movie lists (like the PopCornFlix and Comet TV add-ons) but if I try to play a movie, I get an error log message (wish I could be more specific!)

- When consulting message boards and tutorials, it appears I am missing some add-ons sources like fusionco repository that allows for GitHub add-ons (I did activate the 3rd party source in Kodi). Is this normal in Kodi Leia 18.9?

- If I want to develop my own add-ons (because I can't find adequate add-ons already available) can anyone point me to an effective tutorial for add-on development? I admit I'm no developper/coder, but willing to learn. Apparently I'll stop learning when I die ;)

Thanks in advance

• Official Post

- Some default add-ons let me see the movie lists (like the PopCornFlix and Comet TV add-ons) but if I try to play a movie, I get an error log message (wish I could be more specific!)

- When consulting message boards and tutorials, it appears I am missing some add-ons sources like fusionco repository that allows for GitHub add-ons (I did activate the 3rd party source in Kodi). Is this normal in Kodi Leia 18.9?

Just as a sidenote (in case you may have missed it by not [yet] reading our forum rules): any add-on solution that facilitates video piracy in any way is off-limits. In such cases you'll be asked to find support for your Kodi problems elsewhere.

You can be more specific by providing the kodi.log of your device, via a pastebin website.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • any add-on solution that facilitates video piracy in any way is off-limits.

Sure, it does make sense especially if most add-ons (like Netflix) require users to have an valid account. But i'll go read the rules anyway :)

Let's try if this link works:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    (like I said, I have no idea if this is the way to do it.) This would be the first logfile I have, before debugging.

And a link to the errorLog after Debugging, with attempting add-ons again:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Please let me know if I screwed the instructions, or if I understood those correctly!

Edited once, last by JDBx (July 2, 2021 at 10:10 PM).