TBS or Hauppauge quad tuner ?

• Hi Forum,

I am thinking about purchasing a new PCIe tuner card and these are my candidates:

TBS6205 - LinuxTVWiki

Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD (DVB-T/T2/C) - LinuxTVWiki

Both most likely very nice cards, the TBS is more expansive and Hauppauge cheaper + advertises super short switching times.

If there's anyone using either one of the two, would be very interested in feedback how well they work.

CvH: If you're looking, i'd like to go for the one that makes less trouble for you :)

Cheeers,

Linus

• I am not 100% sure but the WinTV-quadHD should have perfect linux support out of the box at every Linux distribution.

The TBS one you need to manually install the drivers at every kernel update.

So choose if you like a out of the box working device or you want to maintain it yourself forever :)

• Thanks to both of you guys, that's exactly what I needed to know!

I am a couch potatoe and need things to work right out of the gate.

Had an analog hauppauge that still served me well after many years on another mediacenter distri, but these days I am totally down with LibreElec ! You guys do an awesome job really !

CvH, beer's on me tonight :)

Cheers

• BTW, the Hauppauge card is awesome and works absolutely fantastic with Libreelec and tvheadend!

The 4 tuners come in handy nicely for fast zap times and pretty solid signal quality overall.

So far the best out of the box experience of all, and it worked with the last generic 9.x branch as well as the current 10.0 release via the kernel drivers. I am using it for unencrypted dvb-c wihtout any CI stuff..