How to start LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-64bit.bin in Linux Mint 19.3?

• How do I start LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-64bit.bin in Linux Mint 19.3 Ci-n-n-amon?

In file manager I double click it just wants to open the file with Notes

Thanks

• Go to Best Answer
  • Google is your friend: Four Ways to get Instant Access to a Terminal in Linux

To make sure the file is executable, run the command: chmod +x LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-64bit.bin

I can see this is going to get REALLY REALLY complicated since at least two of you is already completely confused.

I was told "Simply start it in a Terminal session." then I asked "How do I start in a Terminal session?"

Let me take this time to point out that I AM NOT ASKING HOW TO START TERMINAL!!!! so people will stop giving stupid replies.

I was asking HOW TO START THE PROGRAM LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-64bit.bin IN TERMINAL

Let me recap I KNOW HOW TO START THE PROGRAM TERMINAL I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO START THE PROGRAM LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-64bit.bin IN TERMINAL

So once we get past starting LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Linux-64bit.bin in terminal I will address the rest of the confusion.

No clue how or why the BOLD keeps coming and going, this is a first I will assume its these forums.

Now I wait 3400 seconds before I can ask another question or REPLY to another post, yup I am 100% sure Libreelec.tv does not want problems solved reasonably

Thanks.

• Let me take this time to point out that I AM NOT ASKING HOW TO START TERMINAL!!!! so people will stop giving stupid replies.

It's always so refreshing to know what people really need. Either the words got lost in translation before, or somewhere between brain cells, it's not always possible to know right away what someone REALLY means when he is typing in words on a forum. Bold words start out of nowhere... Plus, the other forum users are not sitting next to you in front (or behind) behind your computer. Or perhaps the questions are read too fast so details might be lost. So, sometimes we are making educated guesses.

We get rewarded for it with a big yapping mouth full of ... $%^&*. How nice. I'll be AFK now, probably longer than 3400 seconds.

• Well, I do hope Ralph got his answers.

Thanks to Chewitt, I was able to use a terminal to start the SD Creator, make the bin an exec file and get i working, and it was going rather smoothly (I was getting ready to copy the image on the SD card) until I closed the Terminal window (Doh!) and it shut the SD Creator.

I have re-started the SD Creator, but it seems that I can't download the image (apparently I don't have write permission on Root, which I understand is normal) and I can't select the Download folder for the image to go into before being copied to the SD Card.

And I copied the image previously to my SD card, so I guess all is well for now. Surely I will get back to you guys (and girls) if I have issues with my RPi4!