[Raspi 4] Usb boot and usb keyboard and remote not working

• Hello,

I have a raspberry pi4 working fine booting from the sd card with libreelec stable and using a wireless microsoft keyboard and a remote with usb dongle attached to usb 2 ports.

But some days ago the sd socket broke a little and it is no more well attached to the motherboard.

So I used a usb key to boot the system using the usb 3 port and quite everything worked fine but the usb keyboard and remote are not working anymore because the key pressed are received only sometimes. I can control Kodi using the kore remote program and the web interface.

I tried to boot also with a usb ssd with external power supply but the problem remains.

I cannot see any clue in dmesg and kodi.log.

• Official Post

Depending on how old your RPi4 is, you may still have to update its firmware for booting and the USB3 controller. If that has not yet been done, then you'll have a challenge getting the RPi4 to boot from USB. Perhaps you can still fix the SD slot problem(s).

• Depending on how old your RPi4 is, you may still have to update its firmware for booting and the USB3 controller. If that has not yet been done, then you'll have a challenge getting the RPi4 to boot from USB.

Booting goes fine and everthing works but not the keyboard and remote.

It is something like these devices do not receive enough current but I cannot read anything in the log e/o in dmesg.

Perhaps you can still fix the SD slot problem(s).

I think I will need some micro-soldering.

• Try to connect the dongle(s) with an USB extension cable(s) or with an USB hub. Perhaps there's a high-frequency noise from RPi (or from the USB3 key) which breaks the dongle's wireless communication so it may be better if you move them as far as possible from RPi's board. Also try to replace batteries with fresh ones.

• Try to connect the dongle(s) with an USB extension cable(s) or with an USB hub. Perhaps there's a high-frequency noise from RPi (or from the USB3 key) which breaks the dongle's wireless communication so it may be better if you move them as far as possible from RPi's board. Also try to replace batteries with fresh ones.

It worked, thanks!

The keyboard began to work normally, the remote is not working yet but I think this is due to a hardware problem.

Thanks again!