Why can't I get my amazon TV Fire Stick remote to work with LibreELEC?

• I want to use a remote with LibreELEC, I have the original TV remote for the TV but I don't think it's compatible with CEC; It's not working anyway. I ideally want to use my Amazon Fire Stick remote anyway (it's the 4K Fire Stick, by the way). I have a Raspberry Pi 3B, and it's LibreELEC version 9.2.6; Kodi 18.9.

I found YouTube videos where people connect various bluetooth devices, that seem to just work; but none were Fire Stick remotes. I found this comment with instructions how to do it with a Fire Stick Remote. But it's still not working for me. They are answering about a Raspberry Pi 4, so maybe it's that?

I've managed to pair the remote successfully (I also tried deleting the connection and retrying by selecting 'Trust and Connect' in case that was somehow different to 'Pair'). The comment then said to go to 'Game Addons' and select 'TV Remote'. When I did that; there was no option to install 'TV Remote'. I had 'Default Controller' and 'SNES Controller'.

Instead, I went to Settings > System > Input > Configure attached controllers, and then I clicked 'Get more...' and I was able to install the option for 'TV Remote' there. I now have 'TV Remote' in Game Addons.

I've rebooted, but remote isn't working.

Am I meant to do something else to get it to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Having to control Kodi with a PC keyboard is a dealbreaker for me using it at all unfortunately.

UPDATE: SOLVED

I eventually came this thread on The Kodi forum, which had exactly the same issue as I had; connecting but no button functionality. On that thread there is a link to this comment on discoure.osmc.tv, which uses bluetoothctl to connect the remote.

I didn't need to install bluez, I think it comes as default now I guess. Instead I just SSHed into the libreELEC and typed bluetoothctl to enter the environment. Then:

Code
    pair <Fire Stick MAC address>
    trust <Fire Stick MAC address>
    connect <Fire Stick MAC address>
    disconnect <Fire Stick MAC address>
    connect <Fire Stick MAC address>

This got the remote working and didn't require Keymap Editor. I also tested it after rebooting and it reconnected automatically.

Edited 2 times, last by alftheelf (May 17, 2021 at 5:49 PM).