LibreELEC constantly disconnecting and reconnecting to Fire TV remote (bluetooth)

• Da Flex asked me to do the following:

"To get a link to a kodi.log:

activate debug logging at GUI (HUD will appear on top)

reboot

reproduce the error (disconnection of the remote)

login by SSH and run pastekodi (wait for the resulting link)"

This is as far as I have got, I am running Putty from a W10 machine, setup the connection, logged in and ran pastekodi

The result I get is:

no results to fetchLibreELEC:~ #

ADDENDUM, I decided to run it again, this time I got a URL:

http://ix.io/3lHk

About the setup:

This is a Pi4 4GB running a brand new clean install of LibreELEC RPi4.arm-9.2.6 on a brand new 64GB Class 10 card.

All I have done to LibreELEC is to change the various setting to be in the UK and use a UK keyboard, created a password for SSH and enabled the logging, rebooted and then connected the remote.

The remote connected first time and instantly began to disconnect and reconnect which happens every couple of seconds exactly as it did before.

The remote: This is a "replacement" remote for Amazon Fire TV sticks/box, model number CV98LM, a clone of the remote that came with the mk1 Fire TV Stick. I bought this remote after borrowing a friends "original" remote for their mk1 Fire TV Stick which did the same thing as I assumed that I could make it work properly, I can't, which is why I am here.

I can make it work, but then after turning of (or rebooting) the LibreELEC Pi4 I have to fix it again, with a keyboard and mouse, so essentially the issue here is not so much whether the remote works or not, which it does, but how to get it to work after a reboot of LibreELEC as the people who will be using this are not tech savvy at all and are not going to use anything except the remote.

• Die Verbindungsabbrüche habe ich auch mit den Echo Studio. Die Verbindung wird getrennt. Machmal Verbindet er wieder. Meistens muss ich die Verbindung Selber wieder herstellen. Habe da auch noch keine Lösung gefunden.

Das die Verbindung nach dem Neustart wieder Verbunden wird müssen Sie eine autostart.sh in /storage/.config/ erstellen und das Antragen. Die xx ersetzen. Die Bluetooth Adresse kannst du in LIBREELEC EINSTELLUNG/BLUETOOTH finden. Bevor du neustartest am besten die autostart.sh testen sh /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Translate with Google Translate

I also have the disconnections with the Echo Studio. The connection is terminated. Sometimes he connects again. Most of the time I have to re-establish the connection myself. I haven't found a solution yet.

To ensure that the connection is reconnected after the restart, you must create an autostart.sh in /storage/.config/ and request it. Replace the xx. You can find the Bluetooth address in LIBREELEC SETTINGS / BLUETOOTH. Before you restart it is best to test autostart.sh sh /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Bash
    #!/bin/sh

(
       sleep 5

echo -e "connect xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx\nexit" | bluetoothctl

sleep 5
    ) &
  • If I may ask how are you fixing it with a keyboard and mouse?

I delete the paired and trusted device listed as "AR", the console comes up for a few seconds and then it goes back to the Kodi main screen, I then go to Bluetooth delete it a second time along with the new addition "Am", it again shows the console for a few seconds and the goes back to the Kodi main screen, I then go to Bluetooth again and click on the device (that is still there) and called "Am" and click connect and the remote then works perfectly... Until I restart...

I will again log into the LibreELEC Pi4 machine via SSH and again run pastekodi and drop that URL as well in a little while.

ADDENDUM.

The new result after connecting the remote (which now works) is:

http://ix.io/3lHT

Edited once, last by TheJoker2020 (May 3, 2021 at 7:28 PM).

• I delete the paired and trusted device listed as "AR", the console comes up for a few seconds and then it goes back to the Kodi main screen, I then go to Bluetooth delete it a second time along with the new addition "Am", it again shows the console for a few seconds and the goes back to the Kodi main screen, I then go to Bluetooth again and click on the device (that is still there) and called "Am" and click connect and the remote then works perfectly... Until I restart...

I will again log into the LibreELEC Pi4 machine via SSH and again run pastekodi and drop that URL as well in a little while.

ADDENDUM.

The new result after connecting the remote (which now works) is:

http://ix.io/3lHT

Have a look here.

• Thanks, I have read the entire thread and replicated the settings as suggested by tbyt2000

That failed as well.

I am now going to try (as a test) disconnecting the Pi4 onboard Wifi to test the bluetooth without Wifi disabled.

If/when that fails I am going to try using a USB dongle.!

Thank you as well FlashiHD, I have already tried your suggestion but that also failed.

As a general question can anyone tell me what the "AM" and "Ar" mean in the bluetooth settings.

Thanks.

PS: I will get back to this issue tomorrow, thanks for your help so far.

Edited once, last by TheJoker2020 (May 3, 2021 at 9:06 PM).