Libreelec 9.95.2 (Libreelec 10) RPI-4 4GB Not detect HDMI on LG TV

• Hallo everyone !

I installed clean installation of a new version Libreelec 9.95.2 ( Libreelec 10 matrix) on SD card for RPI-4 4GB. Previous version works without any problem. HDMI ports detect automaticaly. But now when I try to connect same equipment RPI-4 with new SW 9.95.2 during boot up process sometimes connect to hdmi and works, but sometimes not. I use for connection HDMI-0 (close to power source connector). After some different setup in config file i realized that works (not works) not properly. But when I tried later to connect my cable to HDMI-1 ( more distant from power source connector ) HDMI detection works without any problem. I think it must be any error inside Libreelec program for RPI-4 and automatic detection is not work correctly. Or there is any mistake and who programed SW maybe did mistake and switched priority for HDMI. Normally it must be the first HDMI 0 and the second HDMI 1. But in this case helped me set to config file hdmi_force_hotplug:0=1 . After this setting disapeared any problem with detection. I think is not normal and as i wrote before there is any problem inside software.

And my second problem (question) is if i start rpi-4 with TV off a TV is On automaticaly, but not connect RPI-4 with TV. Only TV switch from live tv to right HDMI port, but nothing more. No picture or something and after while only stay black screen with label in left corner libreelec 9.95.2 and stop booting nothing happend. In this case i have to always restart RPI-4. I used RPI-4 for together with powerboard from shop msldigital.com.

Also if you see bootloader is old version in LE 9.95.2 from 09/2020. But now is new version 04/2021.

Is there anybody with same experience !

Thanks for attention and sorry for my english.

• Hey,

I have encountered similar issue and only solution was for me to run getedid create as mentioned in here #post154782

I have a bit different setup as RPi4 hdmi-0 is connected to Sony XH95 TV and hdmi-1 is connected to Pioneer VSX520 receiver (which has only hdmi 1.4 support).

Before I ran the getedid create LE 9.95.2 took forever to show anything on the screen. Sometimes I waited 15 minutes or more and then suddenly Kodi appeared but most of the time there was no signal to TV from hdmi-0. LE was running just fine as I could access it via ssh normally.

I also run LE from USB SSD (with full UAS support) with quite new EEPROM from march 2021 (might be the latest).

I did not save the logs but I saw something regarding EDID there. I can try to replicate the issue via fresh install and provide more information.

9.95.1 worked just fine.

I also experienced weird issues regarding CEC as with default config.txt my TV always turned on after rebooting LE even if TV received no signal and screen stayed black.

• I have a similar problem with a SWEDX TV. When I switch on the socket bar, both TV and my RPI4 boot.

I ran Libreelec 9.2.6 before and managed to have HDMI output immediately (iirc I had to set hdmi_force_hotplug=1).

I decided to switch to Libreelec 9.95.3 and now this is what happens:

1. switch on socket bar

2. TV boots, Libreelec boots (with output on TV during Libreelec boot (i.e. LE logo is displayed)!)

3. TV shows "no signal"

4. 30s later TV switches off, only to reboot immediately (again showing "no signal" until the next reboot)

I can access Libreelec via SSH and Kodi seems to be running as well:

Code
    systemctl status kodi.service

● kodi.service - Kodi Media Center                                                                                           Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/kodi.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)                                Active: active (running) since Sun 2021-05-30 15:22:24 CEST; 8min ago                                                  Process: 706 ExecStartPre=/usr/lib/kodi/kodi-config (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)                                    Main PID: 718 (kodi.sh)                                                                                                   CGroup: /system.slice/kodi.service                                                                                              ├─718 /bin/sh /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs                                                                    └─727 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs                                                                                                                                                                                      May 30 15:22:24 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Starting Kodi Media Center...                                                     May 30 15:22:24 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started Kodi Media Center.

When I unplug the RPI4 and plug it in again, after boot Kodi appears on screen.

Is there something wrong with the hdmi_force_hotplug=1 setting?

PS.: Just switched back to LE 9.6.2 and setting hdmi_force_hotplug=1 works as intended.

Edited 2 times, last by newluck77 (May 30, 2021 at 2:52 PM).

• Is there something wrong with the hdmi_force_hotplug=1 setting?

LE10/kodi 19 has switched to using arm-side kernel drivers for display, rather than the (closed source) firmware side drivers previously used.

hdmi_force_hotplug (and most display settings) only apply to firmware so will have no effect.

Use getedid (described in previous post) to get the same effect applied to kernel driver.