LE10 fixed EDID on RPi4 - Scripts

• This is probably more for HiassofT ...

You mentioned EDID scripts for LE10 on RPi4 here:

HiassofT
    March 23, 2021 at 5:01 PM

And I see this GitHub commit:

Merge pull request #5264 from HiassofT/le10-edid-cpio · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@51e371e · GitHub

Is there a bit of documentation on how to use it?

Would it work in fixing EDID for both HDMI connections in case of a dual-headed setup (HDMI0 on TV, HDMI1 on receiver)?

Many thanks!

• The "getedid" script works exactly like the one on x86, which is documented on the wiki https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/edid

"getedid create" makes current EDIDs permanent (this also honors a receiver on HDMI-2) and "getedid delete" deletes those.

It would be great to get some more feedback if it all works (so far I think I'm the only one who tested this) or if there are issues I might have missed.

so long,

Hias

• Yup, it worked for me, rebooting fine with everything in place even with the AVR and TV in stand-by!

All files in their right places, with the expected content.

Relevant dmesg lines:

Code
    [    0.000000] Kernel command line: coherent_pool=1M 8250.nr_uarts=0 snd_bcm2835.enable_compat_alsa=0 snd_bcm2835.enable_hdmi=1  smsc95xx.macaddr=DC:A6:32:1A:2F:7C vc_mem.mem_base=0x3ec00000 vc_mem.mem_size=0x40000000  boot=UUID=1403-5701 disk=UUID=cdb3ef9c-e4d9-46d8-8b6f-020a65636ade quiet  drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D root=/dev/ram0 rdinit=/init usbcore.autosuspend=-1
    [    1.509751] [drm] Got external EDID base block and 1 extension from "edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin" for connector "HDMI-A-1"

I'll most probably test the delete function and dual-headed scenario later today, then report back!

Thanks for this!

• The "getedid" script works exactly like the one on x86,

Ìt's not exactly the same, at least "gpu" parameter is missing at RPi 4 and "help" does not work.`

LE:~ # getedid

/usr/bin/getedid create|delete|help

LE:~ # getedid help

/usr/bin/getedid create|delete|help

• Ìt's not exactly the same, at least "gpu" parameter is missing at RPi 4 and "help" does not work.`

Yea, "gpu" wouldn't make much sense on RPi :) help output should probably be extended a bit.

getedid on Generic/x86 also doesn't support multiple HDMI ports / edid, and the RPi version automatically removes any previous edid settings when you use "create" (so running "getedid delete" is not needed if something changes).

so long,

Hias

• It would be great to get some more feedback if it all works (so far I think I'm the only one who tested this) or if there are issues I might have missed.

It works to create and delete for single headed and dual headed cases. Fantastic!