Chrome Auto Update - disable?

• Running 9.2.6 on x86_64 with the Chrome add on. Works great (once I fixed the video tearing issue).

One issue is that a few minutes after every launch Chrome pops up a dialog box complaining that it can't update.

I've not found anyway to disable Chrome from trying to update in it's settings... any pointers on doing so with this add-on?

Thanks.

-sc

• OK cool, I did see that, but was under the impression that was speaking to LE10.

I've already installed the add-on for LE9, so I suppose could uninstalling and try creating the empty repo dir.

Being somewhat new to LE, it seemed that the config stuff was all being added under /storage/ so wasn't sure messing directly futzing in /etc was recommended...

Thanks for the pointer.

• So did some poking and sure enough the root filesystem is RO... so I'm not quite sure if the suggestion is implying remounting the filesystem as RW and making the change, or if there is a method of pointing Chrome to a configuration dir under /storage....

Will try and do some more searching....

• Whelp... to talk to myself while learning about LE...

It looks like we are running with / mounted as a RO squashfs with symlinks to /storage/config for configuration stuff

Looks like you can point systemd at /storage when starting a service, but I don't' see any way to create a symlink from /etc/defalt/google-chrome as that other thread suggests without having to extract and modify the squashfs...

• Hi scaesare, correct on the squashfs, this is the SYSTEM in /flash. It (and the kernel) are updated on version updates. The /storage and /storage/.kodi/addon /storage/.config … are the user serviceable parts of LE. The validation / tracing to add this functionality will be to identify what chrome is doing, e.g. by trial and error or using strace or ….