Moonlight issue on Intel NUC

• Hi,
    I'm using LibreELEC on my Intel NUC (x64) since a few days and today I installed the moonlight add-on to stream games from my PC to my TV.
    The problem is that it does not work at all (for me) ... I also tried to start the stream from ssh (after stoped kodi service) but I got these errors:

Moonlight Embedded 2.2.2 (SDL;VDPAU;PULSE;CEC)
    Searching for server...
    Connect to 192.168.1.30...
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, GFE 3.1.0.52 (protocol version 7)
    SDL: could not create window - exiting

I tryed on theses versions of LibreELEC: 7.0.2 & 7. 90.008 and it changed nothing between theses two versions, each time it was a fresh install of LIbreELEC.

If you need more information from my NUC or anything about my installation ask me :)

Thanks, and have a good day.

(Sorry if my english is not so perfect, I'm French ^^)

Edited once, last by TomcraftMC (November 9, 2016 at 9:00 PM).

• Thanks for replied

I just tested those two versions and it never worked for me with LibreELEC :/
    Few weeks ago I compiled moonlight with my RPi1 under Raspbian and it was working, but with LibreELEC it doesn't work on my NUC.

• I am having the Same issue.
    Running on a ASRock Beebox and trying to get Moonlight to work.
    It lets me configure and pair it. When I open moonlight it will show me my games but when I select one I get a black screen and Kodi restarts.

Some help would be greatly appreciated

• Haven't had time to look into it yet. It's hard to debug when I don't have a windows computer.

Yeah that of course will make it difficult.
    I just build my first PC in many years which is why it would be nice to get Moonlight working.

I think there is a way to set up Nvidia Gamestream for remote access..
    Maybe I could try to open the ports to set it up and then share the IP with you so that you can try to debug.
    Would this be of any help to you Irusak?

• Yeah that of course will make it difficult.
    I just build my first PC in many years which is why it would be nice to get Moonlight working.

I think there is a way to set up Nvidia Gamestream for remote access..
    Maybe I could try to open the ports to set it up and then share the IP with you so that you can try to debug.
    Would this be of any help to you Irusak?

I'd rather not, but thanks for the offer :)

• Same problem here

Searching for server...
    Connect to 192.168.0.4...
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, GFE 3.1.2.31 (protocol version 7)

Its working fine on RPi1. Problem is only on my intel nuc dn2820fykh. Can i help somehow to find the problem?
    [hr]

Same problem here

Its working fine on RPi1. Problem is only on my intel nuc dn2820fykh. Can i help somehow to find the problem?

Log

Edited once, last by Kennz (December 4, 2016 at 4:55 PM).

• from the moonlight log i get this

• Hi,
    I'm using LibreELEC on my Intel NUC (x64) since a few days and today I installed the moonlight add-on to stream games from my PC to my TV.
    The problem is that it does not work at all (for me) ... I also tried to start the stream from ssh (after stoped kodi service) but I got these errors:

I tryed on theses versions of LibreELEC: 7.0.2 & 7. 90.008 and it changed nothing between theses two versions, each time it was a fresh install of LIbreELEC.

If you need more information from my NUC or anything about my installation ask me :)

Thanks, and have a good day.

(Sorry if my english is not so perfect, I'm French ^^)

Im getting the same errors when using an Intel Haswell processor with integrated graphics. The previous 7.x.x versions or the current alpha/beta builds have never worked for me.

Moonlight will pair with the GFExperience machine and correctly show a list of games but when attempting to start a game the screen goes black and Kodi restarts. The error being the above failure of SDL to create a window.

• Hi
    any news about fix, have same problem on i3 6300, have black screen and after kodi is restarting

Connect to 192.168.1.100...
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, GFE 3.4.0.70 (protocol version 7)

Regards

Edited once, last by ladigb (March 6, 2017 at 2:01 PM).

• Hi
    any news about fix, have same problem on i3 6300, have black screen and after kodi is restarting

Connect to 192.168.1.100...
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, GFE 3.4.0.70 (protocol version 7)

Regards

Same problem here; runing LE Krypton on an haswell chromebox.

Connection to a PC running windows 10 pro with Nvidia GTX 970 / GFE 3.4.0.70

• I have this problem too. Moonlight on RPi3 works fine but on Gigabyte Brix (x64) I can pair, see the list of games but when I connect to the PC it just gets black video. Any chance to fix this ? I love moonlight via LE, it's really easy and fast on the Pi.

Thanks.