Raspberry Pi 4 with Libreelec 10 reconnects to TV every 8-10 Minutes

• Hello,

I'm running a Raspberry Pi 4 with Libreelec 9.2.6 for a long time without any Problems.

I recently installed 10.0b1 on a fresh and new SD-Card and switched it with my 9.2.6 Card. Now my Raspberry Pi seems to reconnect to my TV every 8-10 minutes. The Screen went dark and comes back after 1 second, showing the HDMI-Channel Info of my TV. It feels the same as when I manually change the HDMI-Channel on my TV for example to my Blu-Ray Player. This never happens when I switch back to my SD-Card with Libreelec 9.2.6.

My Setup:

Raspberry Pi 4 (4MB RAM) Connected with HDMI 2.1 Cable to TV

TCL 50C715 QLED

• I'm stepping in the dark. /shrug

An audio sync error happens two times, so it could be the cause:

Code
    2021-04-20 22:08:12.592 T:779     DEBUG <general>: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error of 22.197880, start adjusting
    2021-04-20 22:08:12.592 T:779     DEBUG <general>: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error 0.197880 below threshold of 30.000000

Try this:

1. Go to Settings -> System
    2. Enable "Advanced" or "Expert" mode at bottom left
    3. Go to Audio -> Output configuration and switch to "Fixed"
    4. Go to Limit sampling rate (kHz) and switch to "44.1"
  • Do you have another hdmi cable you can try? That would be my first guess.

Does it occur only when playing video or in gui as well?

You have display configured to 4kp30. Does the issue occur at 1080p60?

• Hello,

I had no time to try the solution Da Flex offered, but I think this wil not help cause it happens in gui as well.

My Display is at 4kp30, I will try 1080p60.

I will also install the new beta 2 and try again.

If nothing helps I will make a debugging file again and will note the exact times this will occur.

Thanks for the help so far, I will come back ...

• OK, I solved the Problem but I don't know what the Problem really was.

After I updated to beta 2 things got really strange. When I changed my resolution to 3840x2160, Kodi was only in the upper left quarter of my screen. So I checked and added "hdmi_enable_4kp60=1" to my config.txt again. I think the updated deleted this. After this my libreelec didn't even boot up anymore. So I decided to start from scratch. I formatted my SD-Card and installed 10.0b2 anew. It's not a big deal for me cause my Library is on my NAS. So after 10 Minutes everything was working again like it should be and the reconnects are gone too. Don't know what the Problem was, I didn't change anything on the hardware side.