LibreElec 10.0 B1 RPi4 switch audio to analog output (3.5mm jack)

• Where in LibreElec 10.0 Beta on Raspberry pi 4 (LibreElec-RPi4.arm-9.95.1) you can switch the sound to analog output (3.5 mm jack). I have not found such an option anywhere. In previous versions it was possible.

Edited once, last by taxmilibre (April 16, 2021 at 8:17 PM).

• Go to Best Answer
  • In LibreElec 9.2.6 it was done like this: settings-> System-> Audio -> Audio output device, and then you had to select -> Pi: HDMI and analogue. LibreElec-RPi4.arm-9.95.1 doesn't have that, which is a pity

Edited once, last by taxmilibre (April 16, 2021 at 8:16 PM).

• In LibreElec 9.2.6 it was done like this: settings-> System-> Audio -> Audio output device, and then you had to select -> Pi: HDMI and analogue. LibreElec-RPi4.arm-9.95.1 doesn't have that, which is a pity

Yeah this combination is not possible anymore as the audio drivers has changed.

• Thank you very much for help. I followed friend's advice of popcornmix and there is a sound in the 3.5 mm socket. If it was possible for the sound to be simultaneously in the 3.5 mm and HDMI socket, I would be very pleased.

• i have now spent 2 days trying to get analog audio for LibreElec 10 with no success. There are only 2 options, either go back to LibreElec 9 or throw my Sonos 5 (first edition) in the trash for about € 500,00.

Which "DAU" just thought of not offering the analog sound anymore, felt 95% of users still need analog sound, the remaining 5% don't use a Raspberry, it's way too cheap for the sheiks of this world.

• i have now spent 2 days trying to get analog audio for LibreElec 10 with no success. There are only 2 options, either go back to LibreElec 9 or throw my Sonos 5 (first edition) in the trash for about € 500,00.

Which "DAU" just thought of not offering the analog sound anymore, felt 95% of users still need analog sound, the remaining 5% don't use a Raspberry, it's way too cheap for the sheiks of this world.

Did you read post #2 above ?

• Post 2 does not work, an analog sound is not offered under System.

take everything back, it works, only stereo upmix would not go, but I also do not need.

Edited once, last by goberlei: Sorry (May 14, 2021 at 12:01 PM).

• Post 2 does not work, an analog sound is not offered under System.

Of course it works in LE 10 (tested on latest Nightly build) if you edit the /flash/config.txt properly and set the Audio output device in Settings - System - Audio menu to ALSA:bcm2835 Headphones, bcm2835 Headphones

• I dont used a PI but on both of my x86 Device i can used the analog audio normal and change simple over the settings (i testing an run without problems)

• on x86 it works with me also have now tried it on 4 pi3 b + no changse with osmc it works and other builds also only with the 10 it doesn't work which is of no use to me but libreelec because of my touch it only works with it

• In previous versions of LE it was possible

Previous kodi used a firmware side driver for audio. The firmware has the ability to split the audio and drive two sinks.

Now, we've moved to an open source arm side driver for hmdi audio (which is better in many respects, including supporting HBR passthrough on Pi4), but the firmware code for splitting audio is not involved.

It could be possible to implement this through other means external to kodi (like pulseaudio), but I don't know how to do that.

• Previous kodi used a firmware side driver for audio. The firmware has the ability to split the audio and drive two sinks.

Now, we've moved to an open source arm side driver for hmdi audio (which is better in many respects, including supporting HBR passthrough on Pi4), but the firmware code for splitting audio is not involved.

It could be possible to implement this through other means external to kodi (like pulseaudio), but I don't know how to do that.

Thank you for fully explanation.