Q about mysql database connection

• I created the file: /storage/.kodi.userdata/advancesettings.xml

When the file ends with the tag, "</advancedsettings>", kodi will reboot when I try to play a video.

It seems odd that it works when I drop the close advancedsettings tag. I discovered this by accident. All examples I've seen have the </advancedsettings> tag.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Appreciate any thoughts on this!

• My advancedsettings.xml file looks like this, but without the final close tag.

• ^ FYI, this is mine, with minor edits to change credentials

• Further clarity: The </advancedsettings> tag does not cause the rPi4b to reboot, but Kodi restarts. It has always been so. I mis-reported it in the first post.

I just took your XML file, changed the server, user, pass and it did the same thing. When I try to play a file, Kodi restarts. Remove the </advancedsettings> and it works fine.

Very odd. I'm running a nightly build.

LibreELEC (community): nightly-20210302-73c0ce6 (RPi4.arm)

I will try 10.0b1 and see what happens.

• Path is /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Not sure if what you have above is a typo, but there is a slash between .kodi & userdata, and the file is named "advancedsettings.xml" not advancesettings.xml

• Thank you, frakkin64. That was a typo on my post.

v10.0b1 works properly, with the trailing tag so I expect this was an issue in 20210311-3f55efc that has been resolved.

I really appreciate the help. 8)

• Further.

I just upgraded two identical devices to v10.0b1 with the argon utilities, mysql, etc.

The first installed exactly as expected and operated perfectly from the first boot.

The second would reload Kodi when I try to play any video file. This behavior stops when I remove the tag </advancedsettings> from the file: /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml. The first box works fine with this tag in place. Both were created from the same downloaded image and there is no difference in hardware.

Very odd.

• Perhaps posting a debug log of the failure scenario would be useful. Assuming the parser is checking closing tags then probably omitting the closing tag causes the XML file to be ignored completely.

I have been using advancedsettings.xml with a shared MySQL DB for probably 8 or 10 years since XBMC 13.0 on multiple platforms, early on I used Windows, but now I am on Amlogic & RPi4 devices.