No network after updating to 10

• For some reason I lost network ability after letting LibreElect update itself to v10.x

I went right to the SMB and changed some settings but that didn't do it.

I then made a mistake to let it downgrade itself to 9.2.6 which corrupted something. I had to do a full, new, reinstall of 9.2.6.

10 just doesn't seem to work.

I use IBM Lenovo mini pcs for my players. They have i5's in them with 512ram and 256 gig ssds

• No logs, no accurate description of before/after changes to SMB settings, and not enough technical detail to do anything beyond guess at the issue:

a) Your hardware might have NICs that need odd drivers to work

b) Your SMB server needs different settings, or Kodi client isn't configured correctly

I'd guess it's the later .. but .. it's just a guess

btw, LE *never* auto updates between Kodi major versions, so it was your decision to manually upgrade.

• Hi

Thank you for your help.

Yes, I know. I didn't give any tech data. I just wanted to post my first issue with moving to 10.

9.x and previous worked perfect for accessing smb.

And yes, I should not have said 'auto-update'. I meant to say I let it auto-update, vs a clean install.

I'm doing a clean install right now and the same issue. I'm messing around with the smb settings but still nothing.

And I was incorrect to say that the network didn't work. It does. LE is downloading plugins, weather, etc. Just no ability to access windows shares.

• I'm having the same problems on Libreelec 10, all other Kodi installs on Windows, Mac and Android are working fine.

I'm using DNS names for my shares and SQL database (no chance to change that easily).

I've been reading that SMB got an updates in Libreelec 10 and using the IP address might solve the issue.

• I'm having the same problems on Libreelec 10, all other Kodi installs on Windows, Mac and Android are working fine.

I'm using DNS names for my shares and SQL database (no chance to change that easily).

I've been reading that SMB got an updates in Libreelec 10 and using the IP address might solve the issue.

Yet another user with wild theories and no facts about their configuration. Good luck on getting help.