Posts by NeuroPsyche

Hi

Thank you for your help.

Yes, I know. I didn't give any tech data. I just wanted to post my first issue with moving to 10.

9.x and previous worked perfect for accessing smb.

And yes, I should not have said 'auto-update'. I meant to say I let it auto-update, vs a clean install.

I'm doing a clean install right now and the same issue. I'm messing around with the smb settings but still nothing.

And I was incorrect to say that the network didn't work. It does. LE is downloading plugins, weather, etc. Just no ability to access windows shares.

For some reason I lost network ability after letting LibreElect update itself to v10.x

I went right to the SMB and changed some settings but that didn't do it.

I then made a mistake to let it downgrade itself to 9.2.6 which corrupted something. I had to do a full, new, reinstall of 9.2.6.

10 just doesn't seem to work.

I use IBM Lenovo mini pcs for my players. They have i5's in them with 512ram and 256 gig ssds

I have some media file that while Kodi scrapes the media content it'll crash and restart.

What log file do I look in and what do I look for?

I'm noticing a bunch of log files in the logging directory when I browse the IP address of the LibreElect Kodi.

One that is marked CRASH has a bunch of media files but I was thinking that the last media file would have crashed it but I dont think it did.

Thanks,

I've been doing fresh installs almost daily of LibraELEC because a day after a fresh install it cannot connect, loses access to windows SMB shares.

This only happend recently, within a month or possibly two. I've been using LibraELEC for years on my media players.

What happens is I install LibraELEC, and the media by going to add files, add network location, enter machine name and path, enter username and password, and it adds the share.

Then I add the media of that share. All goes well and Kodi scans the media and creates the media info, pics, titles, etc.

About 12 hrs later, i try to watch something, and it comes up Network Reset. If I reboot LibraELEC I get a ! that says Network Server Connection Down, or something like that, on the top left.

I then reinstall LibraELEC, and all is well again until the next day.

I checked SMB that I'm using SMB v2 lowest to v3 highest. No v1 although I tried all of them. Lowest 1 to highest 1. and up to lowest 3 to highest 3.

and all possibly combinations... no go.

I tried flipping off wired connection, static IP and dynamic no go... still doesn't work.

The only thing that makes it work again is a fresh install.

BTW.. .I also turned off auto-updates. on both the main and the add-ons.

Any ideas anyone?

I'm about ready to give up and go with OpenELEC... although I like Libra because it just works (or did) and it's simple

Thank you!

I've been using LibraElect for about 3 years. Love it.

Just recently all my machines seem to be having connecting to SMB shares on my NAS.

Nothing changed, using 9.0.2 LibreElect

On a fresh install of LibreElect all my shares show up just fine. I'm able to browse my NASs and other shares on the network. Once I add them as a 'New Network Location' in Kodi

It seems only a matter of a day or two nothing works. All my media is on the network. I can't browse anything. The message comes up Network Connection dropped on Reset

Please understand that on a fresh install, a total wipe of the box, reinstall Kodi 19.x (libreelect 9.0.2) everything works perfectly.

Only after awhile it quits working and cannot access SMB. It can access the internet IE; Youtube, weather, etc.

It seems to me that it may be fetching some updates, and it's taking down the Samba ?

Please help.

Thank you!

I thought so too but its not working out that way.

I have a USB dock to drop in 3.25 and 2.5 drives. I usually use it to image/clone HDs

but the writer utility, I guess, see it as a solid disk, not removable.

So... no go on that one.

You know it would be SOOO easy for them to just take out the routine that looks for removable and let people select any drive.

I guess they're protecting the ignorant.