No Audio Sync option in v10 beta 1?

• Just installed v10 beta 1 and going through the options. I can't find an audio sync option. Is that no longer available? Do I have to buy a codec license?

Thank you

Daryl

• There is an audio sync option in the AUDIO OSD settings. Press ENTER during a video, select the Audio section, and adjust as needed.

Hmmmm.....Okay. I guess its been moved. It used to be in Player -> Videos -> Playback. I looked all over and didn't see anything, so I assumed that it was removed.

I'll take another look.

Thanks

Daryl

• "Settings/Playback/Videos/Playback/Sync playback to display"

Perhaps you need to enable the Advanced or Export menu setting (bottom left).

I'm sorry, but that option just is not there, and yes, I have Export enabled.

Daryl

• 1) What happened to speed control where i could speed it up to 1.5x by using Alt+Right Arrow?

I believe that this was dependent upon the "Sync Playback to Display" option being enabled. (please see 2.2 here: Settings/Player/Videos - Official Kodi Wiki)

2) And it really could use 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, speeds as well (yes I watch nearly everything that fast).

3) Of course this drove me nuts because the video and audio would always be out of sync by a second or two when playing at higher speeds, so that needs to be fixed finally too.

4) and now it won't output analog to my stereo system?? just the HDMI to the crappy speakers in my TV.

These are the ONLY two features I care about in my video player and now both are gone? There is no point to even having a RPi anymore if I cant' find a single video player that can do these (LibreElec = gone, OpenElec = ?, OSMC = no RPi4, Kali running VLC = too many layers and choppy).

FFS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• FYI - I just tried 9.2.6 and the playback speed trick does not work on it either, so I had to go back to the flaky asynchronous 9.2.3 again, which is what I had been using before trying 9.95.1

I'm really hoping for this to get updated as a real, synchronous feature, with analog output, and far ore speed selections too. Otherwise, i might as well just use VLC on a laptop... hastle.

• The setting isn't available when using GBM windowing in Kodi

What is "GBM Windowing"?

Post a debug log please

For what it's worth, here is the requested debug log.

This is a fresh install, I setup NextPVR and my movie share's, but other than that, its a base install. Oh, I guess I did change the skin. I can't stand the default skin.

Thanks

Daryl

• The setting isn't available when using GBM windowing in Kodi

I was digging through the settings and finally found in the Systems Info, under Video, "Windowing: Gbm".

I looked at one of my 9.2 pi's, there is no such. So, I'm assuming that this is new to v10, and if so, video/audio sync will not be an option? If that's the case, then Kodi will be pretty much useless. I can't even purchase a video codec license. They're not compatible with the RPi4.

Daryl

• GBM (V4L2) is the new video pipeline that all ARM based LE devices are using for LE10.0. Codec licenses are not availaable as they are not needed: the RPi4 has enough CPU grunt to software decode all the media formats that historically needed them.

To a certain extent, vc1 remuxes dont work on rpi4

• GBM (V4L2) is the new video pipeline that all ARM based LE devices are using for LE10.0. Codec licenses are not availaable as they are not needed: the RPi4 has enough CPU grunt to software decode all the media formats that historically needed them.

But that still does not solve the issue, the audio/video sync is is not an option in LE 10.

• I answered several questions that you asked. I didn't claim to solve the problem.

Just to make sure I understand correctly, there is no option for the audio/video sync. And.....there is no option to use a codec licenses.