How does HDR work/recognize

• Hi,

Maybe a silly question but how can I check if HDR is working correctly? Or let me rephrase I suspect it's not working in my case.

Because when I check my TV settings I usually can see if a HDR source is detected. However when I uselibreelec I don't see the HDR icon on my TV. But the screen looks ok prior to this version HDR content usually looked like it had too much white in it but I can't see any of that.

When I use Kodi install via Windows I can play the same HDR content without any issues. And in this scenario my TV does detect the HDR source (because it shows a hdr icon). I also see in the kodi settings under video a toggle to turn off/on hdr which I don't see in the Libreelec version.

Specs

I tested with a NUC dual boot libreelec beta and windows 10 / kodi install.

Onky TX-NR676E receiver
    Samsung Q90 tv

• HDR isn't supported on x86 devices at this time.

There is a thread on here with some WIP builds to support HDR but your mileage may vary.

• HDR isn't supported on x86 devices at this time.

There is a thread on here with some WIP builds to support HDR but your mileage may vary.

ow really? now i feel stupid lol
    I just assumed it was seeing the rpi4 builds had it

• Hello, I am interested in this topic.

i have a ryzen 5 3500H minipc with radeon vega 8.

€ 191,27 34%de DESCUENTO | TOPTON Mini PC AMD Ryzen R7 2700U R5 3550H Vega Gráfico 2 * DDR4 M.2 NVMe computadora de juegos de Windows 10 4K HTPC HDMI2.0 DP AC WiFi

TOPTON Mini PC AMD Ryzen R7 2700U R5 3550H Vega Grafik 2 * DDR4 M.2 NVMe Gaming Computer Windows 10 4K HTPC HDMI 2,0 DP AC WiFi|Mini PC| - AliExpress

will it be compatible with HDR when the stable version 10 comes out?

• There are still test builds being provided in the thread that I linked to in my previous post (directly above yours). Since this is still being worked on, no-one can guarantee the performance with your hardware (especially from an unknown brand bought from AliExpress). My advice would be to take a backup of your current settings so that you can reapply them if you need to reinstall your current software version, and then give one or more of the test builds a try. Most x86 users are using Intel platforms (but some are using AMD), so any additional testing and feedback would be helpful to developers

• There are still test builds being provided in the thread that I linked to in my previous post (directly above yours). Since this is still being worked on, no-one can guarantee the performance with your hardware (especially from an unknown brand bought from AliExpress). My advice would be to take a backup of your current settings so that you can reapply them if you need to reinstall your current software version, and then give one or more of the test builds a try. Most x86 users are using Intel platforms (but some are using AMD), so any additional testing and feedback would be helpful to developers

OK, thanks, I'll go testing.

Thanks!!

I forgot to comment that the HDR in the Ryzen 5 works the HDR perfectly with LE beta, what happens is that the icon of HDR or HDR + does not appear, it is a Samsung Q60T.

Edited once, last by localdemoda (April 27, 2021 at 10:45 AM).