LibreELEC-RR [ Brave | Spotify | Moonlight | Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus ]

• Ramalama

don't worry... I didn't know this back in the days > three years ago too & I was rebuilding the dumb way over and over and died through the build until everything was fixed...

Yeah you have to consider that the packages are linked against each other and so if the host config changes or e.g. you bump a single package which was linked agains libexample.1.14 and then the bumped package install libexample.1.15 you also have to recompile the packages which depend on the lib.

About the wrapper... whatever floats your boat :D usually the project files include everything you need and args like BUILD_PERIODIC=RR or BUILDER_NAME=ST are optional. All you need is PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make image, even PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 are superflous since it's the default, to kick of building an image since the scripts already handle everything else but obviously you have to tell the makefile which project you want to build.

Exactly, something like that i got, so im compiling everything now 😂

I know that your scripts does already everything, that script is just basically to make it easier for myself, i started something i wanted to finish it, there is really not much more to it 😂

A wiki does the same job 😂

But on a clean new build environment, all i have todo is dumb run the script and it tells me, to install git+make+create an nonroot user to get started, and does everything else, without me having to fiddle in your repo and forgetting changing stuff that i personally want to cchange, like debloating the kernel 😂

But tbh, libreelec made already a file for this, which is pretty amazing already to slim the kernel down.

However, no one needs to use that script, it's just a dumb way for me if i forget everything in a month or so 😂

--

Compilation is over 60% already, so far everything looks great with the libgdk package 😂

Using your latest repo changes (1h ago cloned)

Cheers

• Ramalama

Well the build system is IMHO really good if you compare it to others I've seen when digging through emulation related stuff but it's also the result of years of incremental improvements and guys like milhouse did an outstanding job (I hope he's well whereever he is right now!), don't forget all others who also wrote great stuff of course: Contributors to LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub the list is full of "nerds" sharing their expertise which is great.

In the end you only have to clone the repo, change one line, type in make image and you're done. Everything else is just to pass some infos to the image naming scheme or for identifikation purposes so you know the name of the image you're running.

About the kernel... well unless you don't want to slim it down to a point where it would only run on your system there is not much to do... the kernel conf is regularly updated and adjusted to only builds stuff a distro like LE really needs.

All error where linked to gdk-pixbuf so far so I guess it should be fine once it is in place on your host machine.

• With libgdk-pixbuf2.0-bin, compilation went perfectly fine :)

My head was this:

Code
    c8fd01496bba529f1f010ee650b09b68c7c66620 (HEAD -> master-rr, origin/master-rr) mesa: drop revert-patch for mesa 21.0.y

Im going to build and test now the RPi4 xD

• Well I've turned the half distro inside out to build gdk-pixbuf stuff but in the end I would end up with GTK3 & else as host build which isn't worth the hassle ^^ I've added libgdk-pixbuf2.0-bin as dependency to checkdeps and this should be fine.

Could you remove the package once you've pulled in the latest commit & see if checkdeps asks for the correct file? Cleaning just gtk3-system & build it again should be fine to see if you run into trouble again.

• Well I've turned the half distro inside out to build gdk-pixbuf stuff but in the end I would end up with GTK3 & else as host build which isn't worth the hassle ^^ I've added libgdk-pixbuf2.0-bin as dependency to checkdeps and this should be fine.

Could you remove the package once you've pulled in the latest commit & see if checkdeps asks for the correct file? Cleaning just gtk3-system & build it again should be fine to see if you run into trouble again.

Well, that didn't worked well xD

Check the attached logfile xD

But if i do it myself:

----

I have tested the pi.

Compilation works perfectly fine!

XOW - Works perfectly fine!

xpadneo - (im have a hard times to pair the controller, still didn't managed)

But that issue has nothing todo with you or libreelec, i had the same hard times to pair it initially with raspbian too.

But once it paired at connected once, it works forever, just its hard to get there and still weren't successfull...

So basically i need more time to test it out xD

• Ramalama

Yeah well I copy pasted & forgot to delete the [] ^^ can you test it again? Or just install 10k packages xD

It works now as it should ^^

Perfect, now i just need to test xpadneo out xD

• It works now as it should ^^

Perfect, now i just need to test xpadneo out xD

FINALLY :D

• Build RR-20210418-a1398f2

• updated to latest LE10b2 - master branch
    • bumped gcc to 10.3
    • bumped llvm to 12.0
    • bumped mesa to 21.1.0-RC1
    • bumped kernel to 5.10.30
    • bumped moonlight-qt to 3.1.1
    • bumped libretro cores
    • bumped standalone emulators
    • added xpadneo Xbox controller kernel driver
    • added some opts for Brave & Spotify in the rr-config-tool
  • Hi all,

did anyone get 8BitDo Gamepads to work with x86 natively (without dongle) in LibreELEC(-RR)?

I have a ASrock J5005 and tested two intel M.2 cards without success. I get them paired only via bluetoothctl but they lose the connection quite immediately.

They work flawlessly on RPi4 and LibreELEC 10.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks

Edit: I check in another thread, if bluetooth is working properly - guess there is something wrong with my system: RE: Bluetooth does not find a device ASRock J5005 - Intel Wireless AC 3165

Edited once, last by Bub4 (April 21, 2021 at 2:56 PM).

• I have ordered an intel 7260 mpcie card for my x86 build on Monday, it camed today finally.

And i have readed the other post of your issue.

Let me say this, while Bluetooth was on linux always a bit of a pain, doesn't matter which distribution. I got it always working.

With today's testings, with the 7260 card, i have same issues as on the pi4. And this issue is bigger and related to Bluetooth kernel modules or Bluetoothctl or hci.

To be more precise, the pairing process looks broken, scanning works, but pairing not.

It says it paired, it connects and disconnects in a loop, but i can't get anything properly paired and connected.

No matter if on the rpi4 or 7260.

First i thinked it is probably xpadneo, but it isn't, the module isn't even loaded, even a recompile without it doesn't works.

On Ubuntu 20.04, Bluetooth is a pain, but after many tryes of pairing/connecting it works. And once you connected it once it works constantly perfect (that one device)

On libreelec, doesn't matter if RR or not RR it doesn't work, i tryed it almost 100 times.

Replacing the firmware for the 7260 (bluetooth module) leads nowwhere, since hci says that it's already patched to v57 and doesn't even try to load the "ibt-hw-..." files.

And there is no documented way or command to load the firmware yourself.

But those bluetooth firmware files or patchfiles, are for all intel Bluetooth devices, it doesn't matter if it's an ax200 or an super old 7260/7265 module. All the same fw files. That means if bt isn't working on one intel module, the possibility is extremely high that it won't work on all other intel cards too.

Only the wifi firmware is for every module different.

So it's a pain, the whole Bluetooth code is crappy on linux anyway if you ask me. Even on macos and windows it's not always perfect.

The only thing where Bluetooth is a no brainer, is on the phones.

However, I don't give up yet.

Cheers.

• Thank you for your answer Ramalama.

...even if it is not VERY encouraging 😋

Meanwhile I believe that the board has issues. I remember, that the Asus board before was working and could find Wifis and BT devices. View minutes ago I tried the Qualcomm out of this board once again in the ASrock and it has the exact same issues as the intel cards. But what makes me wondering most, is, that the pairing and function with RPi works flawlessly. I had RetroPi on the RPi 3b+ and LE10 on the Pi4. Every single time I tried to pair the 8BitDo's it was successful and I could configure&use them properly. Only the J5005 has issues.

Glad that the people here are so helpful!!

...but in case there is no solution, I do think about buying a prebuilt NUC. Guess this would last for at least 5 years and is "most" future proof in terms of development. What do you think SupervisedThinking  Ramalama? What I read about the performance, this unis should be sufficient for GC emulation and maybe some PS2 as well. I don't have the highest claims on +++resolution.

• From my view, nuc's are in every way one of the best minipc's that you can buy. Great any os support, even hackintosh, great updates, pretty much a no brainer.

And they are all good, no matter which generation since haswell. Just watch out for hdmi 2.0/1 for the long-term.

But the rpi4 is actually pretty amazing either sure, it's slow compared to a nuc, but it's still perfect for an *elec device.

Im not into game emulation, so dunno how it performs there, but it has x265 hardware acceleration and is pretty awesome for any video related stuff.

Cheers

• Has anyone had issues with Dolphin and missing liblzma?

I've just made a fresh install of LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0-RR-20210418-a1398f2.img and it appears like the image is missing liblzma with no easy way to add it, unless I'm missing something?

[INFO] [Core]: Loading dynamic libretro core from: "/tmp/cores/dolphin_libretro.so"

[ERROR] Failed to open libretro core: "/tmp/cores/dolphin_libretro.so"

Error(s): liblzma.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory