LibreELEC-RR [ Brave | Spotify | Moonlight | Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus ]

• Ramalama

1) I've updated the xow package & it should now come with the modprobe.d conf file as template(!) where you have to edit the commented lines & the service file should hopefully now work properly:

xow: added modprobe conf & fixed service · SupervisedThinking/LibreELEC-RR@a632084 · GitHub

It's probably not the final stage, ideally I start the xow service after some service detecting some sort of usb devices.

Once you've enabled the xow service by systemd enable xow it should run automatically even after reboots. I won't enable them by default because this is completely an opt-in & someone who builds the image himself can easily enable the service & delete two #

2) thx for looking for the package, I already suspected it's gtk3-system and it's probably something like Bad error when gdk-pixbuf-pixdata is not in path (#525) · Issues · GNOME / GLib · GitLab & I have to look into it why glib-compile-resources doesn't pick up the toolchain gdk-pixbuf-pixdata which should be in place.

Upstream LE has the same problem & patched it out gtk3: disable use of to-pixdata during build · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@86f4306 · GitHub

• Ramalama

1) your forum account should be now approved, I've pinged a mod

2) could you check if gtk3-system builds fine now on your minimal system?

3) IF you're in mood and have some time to spare you could also remove curl & cabextract as packages? Then when you start to build an image it should nag & ask to install those missing ones

= basically all problem you've reported should be hopefully fixed

• Ramalama

1) your forum account should be now approved, I've pinged a mod

2) could you check if gtk3-system builds fine now on your minimal system?

3) IF you're in mood and have some time to spare you could also remove curl & cabextract as packages? Then when you start to build an image it should nag & ask to install those missing ones

= basically all problem you've reported should be hopefully fixed

Thank you.

Sure, i will test everything out.

But it will take a bit, till i get at home + start the compilation.

i seen that you already included the modprobe and edited the service, today at morning before i left the house. And started compiling already 😂

will update you, when i get at home.

EDIT: Thank you! im approved 🙈

Cheers

• Ramalama

Yes the compilation of the whole images takes some time unless you're using a quite powerful system. Anyway my latest changes are rather small & with a hot ccache re-compilation should be quite fast.

I've added some modprobe.d templates for xpadneo too, I have to check the xow config opts because basically it should be easy to let the service load a conf file where config opts are passed if needed.

EDIT: the newest SSE4 builds already contain the latest changes

• I sadly don't have an sse4 supported x86 platform. The D2550 is max SSE3. It was meant to throw away, since i have 2 shields and an raspberry... but well, it found a way to survive xD

For xpadneo, it will take till tomorrow, i can test it on the RPI4 only, cause the zotac id84 has only bluetooth 3.0, (mpcie replacement card is on the way), but the gamepad is bt 4.0+ (ble), so its incompatible.

But tomorrow, i can test it properly with the pi4.

For cabextract/curl, it works, your build scripts asked me if i wanted to install them and did it properly :thumbup:

For gtk3-system, im compiling already, will take a bit, till i can report back.

For xow (system service & modprobe file): (Updated to the build from today morning just now)

Works absolutely perfect now, it is starting perfectly at boot and works inside kodi without any issues.

So there is nothing todo, except once, initially enable the service.

My compilation system is an Proxmox Host (Ryzen 5800x/64gb Ecc Ram/ton of ssd storage), but sadly takes around 2h i think, i didn't really paid attention. And i compile in an lxc container (near native performance, its like a sandbox environment, not a virtual machine).

• Ramalama

I'm building RPi4 images at the moment but it'll take some time... tomorrow they should be ready.

The gtk3-system package should be fine, I've renamed the host gdk-pixbuf command and it still worked so fingers crossed. Of course I would appreciate if the image can be compiled on a minimum build system.

Have a look at the new modprobe.d conf files for xpad then, it would be nice if you could delete your old ones and the new ones shipped by the image, just delete them, apply an update and they will be restored.

• Ramalama

I'm building RPi4 images at the moment but it'll take some time... tomorrow they should be ready.

The gtk3-system package should be fine, I've renamed the host gdk-pixbuf command and it still worked so fingers crossed. Of course I would appreciate if the image can be compiled on a minimum build system.

Have a look at the new modprobe.d conf files for xpad then, it would be nice if you could delete your old ones and the new ones shipped by the image, just delete them, apply an update and they will be restored.

Just did, and i don't understand it.

Code
    #################################################################################
    # Bind dongle to non-existent module to prevent the mt76x2u driver from loading #
    # https://github.com/medusalix/xow/blob/master/install/modprobe.conf            #
    #################################################################################
    #alias usb:v045Ep02E6d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* xow_blacklist
    #alias usb:v045Ep02FEd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in* xow_blacklist

My modprobe file is gone/deleted, yours is there...

But the 2 lines are commented out...

But my controller still works and did worked after boot instantly perfect... =O

dmesg and the service doesn't report any errors...

It definitively didn't worked before without the modprobe file...

Is there some sort like initramfs, where it still uses the "cached" modprobe file?

EDIT:

Okay, i think i understand why.

Just replugged the dongle, while the system is running, and:

usbfs: interface 0 claimed by mt76x2u while 'xow' sets config

So it works now only at boot time, if the dongle is already plugged in with boot.

Seems like the xow service binds the dongle at boot, before "mt76x2u"

But if you replug/or plugin the dongle after the system is booted, you need the modprobe file xD

So those 2 lines should be uncommented :D

Edited 2 times, last by Ramalama: Merged a post created by Ramalama into this post. (April 16, 2021 at 7:12 PM).

• Ramalama

Yeah well it looks like it always depends on the actual usecase. I'm shipping all files needed but the user need to check & enable the service by themselves since I can't make sure that it won't interfere with any other configuration. But uncommenting some lines or setting individual configs in template files should be hassle-free.

Pull in the latest changes & test again, xow now should start after kodi is started. As I said I have to find the ideal [Unit] to start it ^^

• will tell you after i recompiled it 😂

about xow and the modprobe, it probably just needs a hint in the wiki, that's all.

no one needs to complain, cause it's the only libreelec/"xdistro"kodi that has working xow/xpadneo at all 😂

About gtk3-system:

I checked out till here:

Code
    compiler@le-compiler:~/LibreelecRR$ git log --pretty=oneline
    6ce98bc242bf9f7934d06e38cb8b778f07198fae (HEAD -> master-rr, origin/master-rr) xow: tweaks
    0e65bca8cf47fb4d37b3bc35cd874ed1fc47391f brave-browser: updated to 1.0.3 / added function to set refresh rate

and i still get the same error xD

Sorry xD

EDIT:

Wait the error is different this time, it complains about libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 or about gtk/gtk.gresources.xml, not about the binary anymore xD

• Update xD

gtk3-system looks fine now, but now we have adwaita-icon-theme xD

cat LibreelecRR/Compilation_Time.txt

Start: Fri Apr 16 20:55:03 UTC 2021

Done: Fri Apr 16 22:42:27 UTC 2021

Takes around 2h from clone till here xD

But from now on, i will just build, without the cleanup, should be fine to get through all errors. And then i can build from clean again xD

But i need finally some sleep, see you tomorrow xD

• Ramalama does installing libgdk-pixbuf2.0-bin solve the problem? Because looks like I either have to add it to the toolchain or to the host system deps ^^

It's just a matter of how "lazy" I am... I have to check how many extra steps it takes to build my own gdk-pixbuf for the toolchain, so gtk3 can use it at build time without relying on target gdk-pixbuf.

• you don't have to rebuild the whole project, just run:

PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 scripts/clean package_name & PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 scripts/build package_name to rebuild a single package. If it picks up gdk-pixbuf provided by your build host you'll see instant results.

Well I will check the host build anyway since it's the cleaner approach, never trust the host system if it comes to building the images :D

• oh god, that would have made it easier 🙈

however, with the libgdk package it seems that it compiles fine.

i just runned into another error, on another package, but this time i think it comes from, because i installed libgdk and didn't cleaned the build cache or something.

So let me check, i will reply in 2h 😂

You can could look in the meantime to this here, if you like it or not, it's basically already done, just have to fine tune it😂

Libreelec-RR-Scripts/libreelec-rr.sh at main · Ramalama2/Libreelec-RR-Scripts · GitHub

It's basically just a wrapper for your repo 😂

Will reply in 2h, cheers 😂

• Ramalama

don't worry... I didn't know this back in the days > three years ago too & I was rebuilding the dumb way over and over and died through the build until everything was fixed...

Yeah you have to consider that the packages are linked against each other and so if the host config changes or e.g. you bump a single package which was linked agains libexample.1.14 and then the bumped package install libexample.1.15 you also have to recompile the packages which depend on the lib.

About the wrapper... whatever floats your boat :D usually the project files include everything you need and args like BUILD_PERIODIC=RR or BUILDER_NAME=ST are optional. All you need is PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make image, even PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 are superflous since it's the default, to kick of building an image since the scripts already handle everything else but obviously you have to tell the makefile which project you want to build.