LibreELEC-RR [ Brave | Spotify | Moonlight | Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus ]

• I installed the nightly master-RR x86-64 (SSE2) on an AMD Athlon II x4/Radeon HD 6450 PC. Overall everthing is running well. I was a bit worried I wouldn't get past some teething issues - snes and N64 games were running at low FPS with crackling audio but I switched to KMS mode in the RR-Config Addon (as per wiki instructions) and everything is fine now.

With the (underpowered) Athlon II x4 PC Super Mario 64 runs well at 60 FPS, I can just about run Zelda OOT at 60 FPS whereas Goldeneye slows down a bit too much. Crazy Taxi, Virtua T and both Sonics run perfectly at 60 FPS on Flycast - it was even possible to go to 1080p without drops in FPS. Shenmue runs smoothly at 30 FPS but there are graphical glitches with Ryo's eyes. I managed to correct this by setting alpha sorting to "per strip" but this then causes other glitches on his head. Setting to "per pixel" caused Retroarch to crash.

I switched the SSD to a Phenom II x4 965/GeForce GT 1030 PC and N64 games ran much better allowing me to go to 1080p 60 FPS, but I couldn't get the audio to work (audio device did not show in audio output settings). Perhaps I need to try a fresh installation. Shenmue runs perfectly at 60 FPS, I was able to set Alpha sorting to "per pixel" without crashing and it sorted out all glitches on Ryo's head.

The only bugs that I've noticed with nightly master-RR x86-64 (SSE2) are:

- Wifi will not connect on startup. Requires going into connections and switching from idle to connected (my wifi adapter is usb)

- Samba.. same issue as indicaded earlier in this thread - only works on some sub directories e.g. \\your_device\roms

As an aside - I still cannot resume Libreelec from suspend on either the Athlon II x4 or Phenom II x4 PCs - a problem I've been having for as long as I can remember with Libreelec generic builds. Just a black screen with white cursor in the top left then I have to reset. If anyone knows how to get this sorted I'd greatly appreciate it.. would be nice to leave the PC in suspend and just fire up with the bluetooth remote when needed.

SupervisedThinking it would be great if you could get Samba sorted! I can live without wifi.. I had been meaning to make the switch to ethernet anyway. Do you have any plans to allow integration of Retroarch, emulationstation etc menu items into other skins e.g. Aeon Tajo?

Really appreciate all your work on this. Great to have the frontends in there also. Jumping between Retroarch and Kodi is seemless. It is something that I have been waiting to see for years.

Edit(s): Reworded for clarity

Edited 5 times, last by macthaidhg (November 10, 2022 at 9:46 AM).

• I think the brave browser update script might be broken. I did a fresh install of both the latest generic 10.x and mater-rr builds on an old dell optiplex a few days ago with the intention of replacing a laptop with this machine. I didn't think much of it until I went to current laptop kodi setup, also an older dell machine on a previous 10.x build, and I tried to run brave there. It always downloads the latest build of brave before launching.

In both cases, the script downloads the latest version of brave, says the download is complete and is installing the package. Then it says, brave browser is not installed and can not be launched. This has been working on the laptop setup for probably a year or so.

Any body else getting this?

(Update)

I installed the latest RR and it's working, now. I had previously I mucked with SSH keys, and that may have caused me issues with pulling the brave update. I'm not sure, but it probably wasn't working because of me.

Edited once, last by dtw_2000: added Update (November 11, 2022 at 1:38 AM).

• Looking for a bit of assistance. I'm trying to run this on an RPi4 and have the latest version (11). I did a clean install this morning, and everything went very well. I was able to load my Movie and TV library just fine and that all worked. I then went over to Retroarch and loaded all the various ROMs onto that just fine. I was running the Online Updater and that all seemed to go fine. I loaded up a game and shortly after the whole thing froze, I let it sit for a few minutes and some things were updating but the game didnt work. No big deal, I did a hard reset.

Then none of the games worked, just not available. I went back into Kodi, none of the movies/tv shows would play. Went into the file manager, but my hard drive isn't there. So I did a clean install from scratch. I went through the normal setup, but now the hard drive never shows up. I've tried a reinstall 4 times now, still nothing. I plugged in my previous sd card (with just a pure LibreElec/Kodi install) and everything is still working with that, so it's not a Pi issue. I then did another clean install and still no hard drive.

Any ideas of what could be wrong?

EDIT: I instead just downloaded and tried the other version (10), now it seems to be reading the hard drive again.

Edited once, last by DekuScrubb (November 9, 2022 at 10:05 PM).

• hello.

I'm new to Raspberry Pi and only recently... like 4 weeks ago got a raspberry pi 4 B 8gb. Iam also new to the linux... and have been changing the OS on a daily basis on the pi. i bought a few different sd cards.

I found libreelec-RR, installed it... and saw that it comes with Kodi, and emulationstation which is great... but where is the Brave Web browser? I did read the readme and the faqs page... maybe i'm missing something...

Could anyone please me assist?

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Did you ever find how to access it? If you did you did you should update your post with an edit to help future people like me

• Hello,

Is it possible to use iagl to launch games through Retroarch with this build? When I point iagl to /usr/bin/retroarch, the game downloads but does not launch. However, if I point iagl to /usr/bin/frontend-retroarch.py it will launch Retroarch, but not the game file (automatically). I'm thinking maybe there is something I can add to the frontend script that would pass the game launch command from iagl.

The downloaded game files work if I manually open Retroarch (or ES/Pegasus) and select the game in the menus, but I'd love to have it auto launch. Any suggestions?

• When I make image, none of the major frontends I checked are installed: for example, frontend-emulationstation.py. Is there a new step required when building? I have never built libreelec-rr nor libreelec before, currently using Ubuntu 22. It still boots, but can't find /usr/bin/frontend-emulationstation.py etc. I have previously used the hosted prebuilt images with no problem.

EDIT: I realized that I needed to specify a device in the build command, also potentially modify the device options. I'm now onto build issues and bigger problems.

Edited 2 times, last by hyertjt (February 2, 2023 at 12:11 AM).

• Hi there

I'm having an issue with the PCSX2 core. It doesn't run. In the log the error I get is "libaio.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".

On some forum they informed me I need to run "sudo" code however, I don't where to do that in Libreelec.

Please assist.

• Hello,

Is it possible to use iagl to launch games through Retroarch with this build? When I point iagl to /usr/bin/retroarch, the game downloads but does not launch. However, if I point iagl to /usr/bin/frontend-retroarch.py it will launch Retroarch, but not the game file (automatically). I'm thinking maybe there is something I can add to the frontend script that would pass the game launch command from iagl.

The downloaded game files work if I manually open Retroarch (or ES/Pegasus) and select the game in the menus, but I'd love to have it auto launch. Any suggestions?

Try this video at about 23.04 time stamp

• The generic build google folder is currently empty, does anyone know of an alternative download option, please?

EDIT: I find myself building my own images: 10.0 branch and up to date ;)

Edited 2 times, last by jigar: Building my own image (February 17, 2023 at 10:48 PM).

• The generic build google folder is currently empty, does anyone know of an alternative download option, please?

EDIT: I find myself building my own images: 10.0 branch and up to date ;)

Of course you can always build your own image ;)

But I think this is part of the preparation process for the rollout of Libreelec 11. Also, space on Google-Drive is limited, so I won't expect that older builds are hosted.

• Of course you can always build your own image ;)

But I think this is part of the preparation process for the rollout of Libreelec 11. Also, space on Google-Drive is limited, so I won't expect that older builds are hosted.

Perhaps so it's for cleaning space, but the images of the master branch and the 10th branch were already hosted there.

I was able to build the image from the master branch (11), however when switching to the libreelec-10.0-RR branch (git checkout libreelec-10.0-RR) and trying to build the image, it always crashes on [01/016] FAILED build m4:host.

• Hello. I have installed libreelec RR-20211104-75af1a0 (Generic.x86_64) in one generic device and works very well. I need to install a RR-10 version on another device, because I'm not going to change my kodi to version 20, because I have a server that I can't upload the version of maria-db, but now it's impossible to get the RR-10 version somewhere from Internet. Does anyone have a local copy they can share?

The generic build google folder is currently empty, does anyone know of an alternative download option, please?

• The generic build google folder is currently empty, ...

Has been so for quite a time now --- is the project abandoned? It would be a pity since the inclusion to LibreELEC of Brave (or any other performance-tweaked & security-hardened Chromium-based browser) is IMHO a must-do. I don't feel as strongly for Spotify however I am grateful for its inclusion as well.

• For everyone who is using this build on a pi and want to use emulationstation to emulate the NES: there is a typo in Configfiles/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg prevents the ROMs from loading.

It has to be:

Code
    <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/emulation/retroarch/cores/nestopia_libretro.so %ROM%</command>

The ".so" was missing...

and, if your XboX gamepad (mine is a series x) doesn't react on input, you have to map the buttons. I have a pi400 with a keyboard, so i could hit ALT to get to the configuration. After that no problem. But first i cried a little bit.

I'm not a native English speaker.

• hello everyone

since a few days there is no more image in google drive folder for generic will there be another update or not.

does anyone happen to know that?

• Running LibreELEC RR-20230215-6a5ed68 11.0 on RPi4, if I attempt to launch a MAME 2016 game via retroarch, using the MAME 2016 core (mame2016_libretro.so, which LibreELEC-RR installed in /tmp/emulation/retroarch/cores/), LibreELEC immediately reboots. The process to re-create this is as follows:

1. From the main menu in LibreELEC, launch Retroarch.
    2. In Retroarch, use Load Content to load a known good MAME 0.174 ROM
    3. In Retroarch, launch the content using the MAME 2016 core

LibreELEC reboots after Step 3 above.