Xiaomi Mi Android Box

• I'm building a LE system for my daughter and wonder if anyone has used the Mi Box. The specs and reliability look pretty good. I own a few RPIs but I wanted to keep this build as simple as possible. Using just a remote with no keyboard and maybe a usb stick for offline storage. Seems lots of cheap Android boxes around with some pretty bad reviews overall. The Mi seems to have good reviews or does it?

RS

• Pretty sure it has a locked bootloader so it won’t ever boot LE. Furthermore I think from memory it uses an Amlogic SoC so LE support would be patchy at best even if you got past the locked bootloader.

Simple answer is try something else.

• I've seen a user (I think it was thedogg ), who was able to run LE from USB stick with locked bootloader. Not sure about the box he used.

Flexin' vinyl, jammin' break beats. 8)

• Thanks to both PA and Da Flex for the replies. Still on the fence here and I'm totally spoiled with LE. I tried Kodi on a FireStick and it works but is clunky to me after using LE for so long. I won't bore anyone with the trip through the weeds involved to get a stick working and updating. My Intel x86 system running LE has been three years without a hiccup. Rock solid work of stellar software IMHO.

A small portable system does have appeal though and still looking for right one to test out.

RD

• I think it's better not to buy a box with a locked bootloader ( PANiCnz is right). Go for another Intel box (Tiger Lake NUC) or an RPi.

Flexin' vinyl, jammin' break beats. 8)