HDMI CEC problems for Play, Stop, Pause, Rewind and Fast Forward [SOLVED]

• Hi.
    To control LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 ALPHA on Odroid C-2 I use the CEC feature (over HDMI), then with the TV remote control I can also control LibreELEC. I have a Panasonic Plasma TV and the remote control is Panasonic N2QAYB000489.
    Here a photo of the TV remote control: ZOOM_N2QAYB000489-ZOOM.png

All works well but the lower keys (extra buttons) of the Panasonic TV remote control does not works.
    So the keys I have tested that does not works are:

Play
    Stop
    Pause
    Rewind
    Fast Forward

With OpenELEC 6.0.3 and LibreELEC 7.0.2 on Raspberry Pi2 I don't have this problem (same TV and same remote control), I can use these lower keys without problems.
    So I think the problem is on the CEC configuration for Odroid or LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008 ALPHA.
    How Can I have these lower keys working?
    If you need some test or help to address the issue let me know, I'm available for help/test.

Thanks.

Edited once, last by outcave (November 9, 2016 at 8:09 AM).

• I have this problem also, but if i turn off tv and turn it on leaving odroid running these keys starts to work ....
    Also on panasonic plasma

• Hi.
    Yes, if I power off the TV and then power On the TV (leaving LibreELEC powered on) these "extra" key works... strange behavior :)
    But, anyway, after a LibreELEC reboot these key will not works again. And, as you can imagine, I don't like to power off the TV and then power On the TV to have these keys working... ;)

SOLUTION:
    I made some troubleshooting and I was able to get these buttons working always by disabling the CEC in the boot of Odroid C-2.
    So I edited the file "boot.ini" in "/flash" and changed the row from setenv hdmi_cec "1" to setenv hdmi_cec "0".

Disabling HDMI-CEC at boot solved the issue. CEC will anyhow works because it will be stared later from LibreELEC.

Edited once, last by outcave (November 9, 2016 at 8:10 AM).

• Hi.
    Yes, if I power off the TV and then power On the TV (leaving LibreELEC powered on) these "extra" key works... strange behavior :)
    But, anyway, after a LibreELEC reboot these key will not works again. And, as you can imagine, I don't like to power off the TV and then power On the TV to have these keys working... ;)

SOLUTION:
    I made some troubleshooting and I was able to get these buttons working always by disabling the CEC in the boot of Odroid C-2.
    So I edited the file "boot.ini" in "/flash" and changed the row from setenv hdmi_cec "1" to setenv hdmi_cec "0".

Disabling HDMI-CEC at boot solved the issue. CEC will anyhow works because it will be stared later from LibreELEC.

Ha, nice find will check it later this week when I get home. Thanks.

Wysłane z mojego HTC One M9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

• Hi.

SOLUTION:

I have just migrated from (RPi 2 + LE 7.02) to (Odroid-C2 + LE Alpha 10) and experience exactly the same problem: Stop/Pause/Rewind buttons on TV Remote doesn't work. Configuration is: Odroid-C2 ----(HDMI)----> Denon Receiver ----(HDMI)----> Panasonic Plasma TV.
    Those buttons were working properly with (RPi 2 + LE 7.09)
    Unfortunately your solution: setenv hdmi_cec "0" in /flash/boot.ini doesn't work for me.

Does it work on previous LE Alpha builds?

Edited once, last by rabaraf (December 23, 2016 at 11:16 PM).

• I have same your config:
    Odroid-C2 ----(HDMI)----> Onkyo Receiver ----(HDMI with ARC)----> Panasonic Plasma TV

I'm still using my workaround: setenv hdmi_cec "0" in /flash/boot.ini

Try this:
    power off Odroid
    power off TV

then

power on TV (select HDMI as input)
    power on Odroid

when all it's powered on and you are able to see Kodi, on TV change the input from HDMI to TV.
    Now select again HDMI so Kodi is again on TV
    Reboot Odroid.

Now it should be working.

CEC support on Raspberry Pi is better then Odroid C2.

• "when all it's powered on and you are able to see Kodi" - at this stage I see a black screen only :( so I did few switches from HDMI to TV and finally I saw Kodi on TV but still Stop/Pause/Rewind buttons were not active so I repeated procedure and got additional unexpected result: no sound on TV, so unplugged HDMI cable from Odroid-C2 and made sound back on TV through Denon, then repeated your procedure again and got Stop/Pause/Rewind buttons on TV remote somehow working.
    Unfortunately I'm fully agree that CEC support on Odroid-C2 is much worse than it is on RPi2.
    Need to consider if Odroid-C2 should be my HTC device or should I stay with RPi2 and wait longer until Odroid-C2/LibreElec/Kodi will be improved in CEC area.
    Anyhow thanks for your procedure - it just showing how unexpected results we have in CEC on Odroid-C2.

• The same problem spotted on LE 7.0.3.. On LE 7.0.2 it was fine... Other buttons seems to work (OK, arrows etc), but play/pause/stop dont. Panasonic TV, Rpi2

Apologies, non related to update, I just discovering Panasonic behauviour - I installed new LibreElec just yesterday. CEC needs to be somehow polished/configured as it act little tricky/strange.

Edited once, last by JimmySmith (January 2, 2017 at 4:49 PM).

• Unfortunately I experience the same problems with a remote of a Panasonic DT50E TV set after updating to the official 8.0.0 release a few days ago. :dodgy: The diractional pad is working, but play, stop, forward and so on show no response at all. I have 2 remotes for my TV, so I can neglect a defective remote control...

Everything was working fine till my update. I tried to reinstall a fresh version, but didn't solve the problem. It was working out of the box with 7.0.3, but now I can throw it into the bin...

Edited once, last by Kodianer (February 27, 2017 at 4:37 PM).

• [...] but play, stop, forward and so on show no response at all. [...]

I was able to find the solution for non-working Pause, Stop, Start, Forward, Backward buttons on my Panasonic TV's remote. First I discovered those buttons are starting to be non-responsive when I did a restart of my Odroid-C2 and the solution is: if you watch something in Kodi just switch off TV and then switch it on again and.... those buttons are working again. Don't know why it happen....