Creating a custom /storage location

• I have an install of libreelec on an undersized SSD (16GB) , which leaves me little space for video storage.

I want to move the entire /storage partition to a different physical disk

I am unsure whether this is mounted by label or UUID .

I have another install that I copied all the /storage partition from that has my remote config, addons , files, etc

I thought it should be easy to "drop in" the new /storage location however I can not figure out how to do this. If necessary I can remove the Storage Partition on the SSD in favor of the new one.

As I indicated I want all of the /storage locations, settings addons, etc.

Thanks

Mark

• RPi3B+ and RPi4B can boot from USB devices (no SD card needed). Older models require an SD card for boot. In all cases LE mounts the "disk=" device stated in cmdline.txt so you can prepare a different /storage device and switch over to it by changing the UUID.

• ... LE mounts the "disk=" device stated in cmdline.txt so you can prepare a different /storage device and switch over to it by changing the UUID....

Thanks, That is probably a great answer if one knows where that is or where it goes. Otherwise for non - devs like me, it is not a complete answer.

• Talking about UUIDs and labels demonstrates you've been looking in the right locations, e.g. /flash, so I replied to your high-level question with a similarly high-level answer. I even gave you the name of the file to change. I'm not someone who spends time providing step-by-step spoon feed instructions so you'll need to use a little initiative.

• did not in any way ask for spoon feeding, and you are insulting in your statement, no matter what or who you are here.

A full path to said file is all I ask for and you REFUSE it thanks for the non answer. I have no idea where a commandline.txt file goes it is unique to libreelec , which is why I posted here.

Funny how certain people are allowed to repeatedly publish gruff replies and other are banned for it here.

• did not in any way ask for spoon feeding, and you are insulting in your statement, no matter what or who you are here.

A full path to said file is all I ask for and you REFUSE it thanks for the non answer. I have no idea where a commandline.txt file goes it is unique to libreelec , which is why I posted here.

Funny how certain people are allowed to repeatedly publish gruff replies and other are banned for it here.

You failed to explain why you need to over customize your setup and chose to go ballistic against the first advisor who responded to you. 16GB storage will be enough for settings and apps. If customizing /storage is over your level of knowledge, do not do it.

If you need layman solution, storage devices dedicated to videos can be overriden with custom mounts in /storage/.config/system.d. That directory already has two examples for mounting nfs or cifs shares. Keep your settings on 16GB SSD and setup new mounts for video storage or get bigger SSD.

You don't have 16GB SSD. It is likely that this is only SD flash card and not SSD. The smallest SSDs on the shop are around 64GB and they are more expensive than 120+ GB devices.