Choppy h265 on RPi2

• Hey folks, just switched from OE to LE after being a happy OE user for a couple of years. Long live LIBREelec!

Neither OE nor LE will play h265 on my pi2 without a lot of frame drop. All other video plays perfectly.

Any thoughts or tips? Should I buy a decoder license like on the rpi1?

Many thanks.

Cleggy.

• None of the Raspberrys have a hardware decoder for h265, so there is no license you could buy. With a RPi3 and the current LE build you can watch some (low quality) h265 videos. If you really want to watch high quality h265 videos a Raspberry simply won't do.

• Hey folks, just switched from OE to LE after being a happy OE user for a couple of years. Long live LIBREelec!

Neither OE nor LE will play h265 on my pi2 without a lot of frame drop. All other video plays perfectly.

Any thoughts or tips? Should I buy a decoder license like on the rpi1?

Many thanks.

Cleggy.

The Raspbery Pi has not enough processing power for h.265. And there is no license available for h.265.

You will need a processor with hardware h.265 decoder, or just a fast processor. The RPi is just not good enough.

Most recent Intel processors have a h.265 decoder. I use a Celeron n3150, but a Celeron n3000 is also good.