Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• qUE_ARM made support for it, you can find it in this topic:

qUE_ARM
    March 2, 2023 at 5:57 PM

Yesterday all evening I tried to build an image according to this instruction, I built it on Ubuntu 18.04, I got stuck on a libtool error, I can’t figure out what is missing

• Thanks for all your hard working maintaining these builds, I really appreciate it!

One question, how do I disable HDMI audio output as I use the analog output? I think coreelec had the option?

• Yesterday all evening I tried to build an image according to this instruction, I built it on Ubuntu 18.04, I got stuck on a libtool error, I can’t figure out what is missing

You could cut a part of the error into a code block, it's hard to figure it out without it. ;)

One question, how do I disable HDMI audio output as I use the analog output? I think coreelec had the option?

Under CE, there are quite a few special Amlogic-specific settings that they put into their system. This has not been necessary so far under LE, but I will see how complicated it is to solve, and I will make a patch if it can be solved easily. I'm asking for a little patience.

• You could cut a part of the error into a code block, it's hard to figure it out without it. ;)

Greetings, now I'm trying to build on Ubuntu 20.04, until the same error on the Libtool-2.4.6 package has progressed further, I don't see anything specific in the logs

• Code
    /home/user/LE9/libreelec-AML/build.LibreELEC-Amlogic_MX2.arm-9.2.8.10/libtool-2.4.6/build-aux/missing: line 81: makeinfo: command not found

^ This is causing your problem, so try to install 'texinfo' package first:

sudo apt install texinfo

• Maintenance day today for the mxq, after spending ~2 years at kids' hands. And some stuff I learned.

Little Faye complained on Friday that it no longer plays youtube. Not only it could not connect to the home's wifi, the wifi interface was not even available as an option to enable/disable under libreelec settings! Its free space was a bit less than 1`mb, which is odd because "all I have ever put in the tvbox are some photos of flamengos" (she actually said that!), and they were about ~10mb in total.

Where did all the space go? In thumbnails! The ~/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails folder was ~4GB and, according to texturecache P, 99% of them were thumbnails from youtube videos, probably tens of thousands of them! I assume that the tvbox has slow emmc, because it had deleted less than 1gb of data after 1 hour! I simply stopped it, stopped kodi with systemctl stop kodi and deleted the folders in there one by one.

Moreover, I noticed that htop showed only 2 available cpu cores! Is that true? The first one was at ~60% usage all the time and the second one was below 10% all the time. Its temperature though was at 70+C! That is inside an air conditioned room at 28C, because it is afternoon here and everything outside my window is "burning" at 35C!

So, I cleaned everything up, did the upgrade to .10 that was released yesterday and so far the mdns does not seem to work and I use the full up to ssh to it.

• mdns does not seem to work

Now we just need to find out under which version it broke because the avahi-daemon won't start under any of my v3.10 boxes.

(However, it is flawless under all v3.14 devices.)

Code: avahi-daemon
    Found user 'avahi' (UID 495) and group 'avahi' (GID 495).
    Successfully dropped root privileges.
    avahi-daemon 0.7 starting up.
    Loading service file /etc/avahi/services/sftp-ssh.service.
    socket() failed: Permission denied
    socket() failed: Permission denied
    Failed to create server: No suitable network protocol available
    avahi-daemon 0.7 exiting.

But if I start the daemon with the --no-drop-root argument, it works fine.

One question, how do I disable HDMI audio output as I use the analog output?

Try this:

echo "echo \"audio_off\" > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config" >> ~/.config/autostart.sh

^ This disables the HDMI audio output immediately after each startup. I know it's not as convenient as setting it from the menu, but the end result is the same. ;)

• You could cut a part of the error into a code block, it's hard to figure it out without it. ;)

Under CE, there are quite a few special Amlogic-specific settings that they put into their system. This has not been necessary so far under LE, but I will see how complicated it is to solve, and I will make a patch if it can be solved easily. I'm asking for a little patience.

That would be awesome, I don't expect anything but if its possible that's great!

• That would be awesome, I don't expect anything but if its possible that's great!

In the meantime, I already found a workaround yesterday, but it was hidden in one of my answers, which I think you didn't notice. :)

Try this:

echo "echo \"audio_off\" > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config" >> ~/.config/autostart.sh

^ This disables the HDMI audio output immediately after each startup. I know it's not as convenient as setting it from the menu, but the end result is the same. ;)

• Now we just need to find out under which version it broke because the avahi-daemon won't start under any of my v3.10 boxes.

(However, it is flawless under all v3.14 devices.)

But if I start the daemon with the --no-drop-root argument, it works fine.

Does this mean it's a known issue? Do you want me to check something on my end too?

I will return the tvbox to the family tomorrow morning :/

• Does this mean it's a known issue? Do you want me to check something on my end too?

I will return the tvbox to the family tomorrow morning :/

Yes, but I found the root of the problem and fixed the image. If automatic update is enabled on your box, it will update to the fixed version.

• So the 9.2.8.10 is the fixed image? Or a newer one is on the way?

Also, le-aml has automatic updates? What do I use then as custom url under the update settings?

In early June I was trying to teach my friend how to update it manually by downloading the right file and transfering it to the box...

• So the 9.2.8.10 is the fixed image? Or a newer one is on the way?

I revoked the first release (20220716) and released a new image (20220718) for S805 and S8X2 devices only. But the main version is not changed, it is still v9.2.8.10. (The release date is checked for the automatic update, not the major version number.)

Also, le-aml has automatic updates? What do I use then as custom url under the update settings?

In early June I was trying to teach my friend how to update it manually by downloading the right file and transfering it to the box...

Sometimes it's worth turning the page back to the leading post. :)

Automatic updates have been enabled for all devices except WeTek_Play because it had an update bug until v9.2.8.7.

NOTICE: If the auto update is enabled, but the installed version is not the latest, then the supported devices will automatically download and install it after restarting. If anyone has any issues with the update, please let me know in the comments.

You don't even need to use a custom url, just turn on the update and that's enough.

• I revoked the first release (20220716) and released a new image (20220718) for S805 and S8X2 devices only. But the main version is not changed, it is still v9.2.8.10. (The release date is checked for the automatic update, not the major version number.

I assume you mean 2023 at the dates there... Anyway, I just saw the new images on github. I am off to update.

---edit

And mdns works again! Thank you for the quick fix.

Edited once, last by jim_p (July 18, 2023 at 11:57 AM).

• Honest noob question. It has to do with the all black s805 mxq that has le installed to its internal rom.

What would/should happen if I do the toothpick method without having an sd/usb plugged in? In plain english, Just insert the toothpick in the av port, click the reset button inside it and plug the power supply in the wall outlet.

• Honest noob question. It has to do with the all black s805 mxq that has le installed to its internal rom.

What would/should happen if I do the toothpick method without having an sd/usb plugged in? In plain english, Just insert the toothpick in the av port, click the reset button inside it and plug the power supply in the wall outlet.

Nothing special happens except that the Android recovery loads. Although it can be used to cause damage (e.g. wipe data/cache partition), it is not a harmful thing in itself.