Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• now i have 9.0.2. Should I update as you described?

If you want to update your existing LE9.x system, do this:

Install an update package:

To install the update, you need to download, and then copy the update file (tar) to the Update folder via SMB, and then restart the device. The update process will start automatically after the restart.
  • I have a Tronsmart MXIII, its a Meson8 S802 2G/8GB 100mbps LAN K200 device, and EVERYTHING WORKS. Wifi, Lan, Bluetooth, 1080p, adj. refresh rate, I cant believe it! Thanks!!! If only any other distro like batocera/lakka/recalbox/emuelec worked...

• Runing LibreELEC-MXQ-4K-Pro_2G.arm-9.2.8.6 when trying to update to LibreELEC-Generic_S905.arm-9.2.8.8.tar i get:

###Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount _storage…type exit to quit ###
    *** Error in mount_storage: mount_commin: Could not mount LABEL=STORAGE ***

i updated before whit the tar files and didnt had this kind of error.

• Runing LibreELEC-MXQ-4K-Pro_2G.arm-9.2.8.6 when trying to update to LibreELEC-Generic_S905.arm-9.2.8.8.tar i get:

###Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount _storage…type exit to quit ###
    *** Error in mount_storage: mount_commin: Could not mount LABEL=STORAGE ***

i updated before whit the tar files and didnt had this kind of error.

You did not write exactly what kind of device you have, nor whether the LE runs from an SD card or an eMMC. If you boot from an SD card, you should try a clean installation first (with the correct dtb) on another SD card to see if it boots at all.

• Q96max (S905L, P201, 1GB) (around $10 on Ali) works pretty well using the generic S905 image, including the dreaded SSV6051 WiFi and hardware decoding. I replaced dtb.img with device_trees/gxl_p212_1g.dtb.

Use the "Update and Backup" app to boot into the USB thumb drive for the first time. For that, I simply zipped aml_autoscript in the root folder and selected it in the app.

8)

PS: Some of these boxes seem to use the P281 board instead, so you may want to try device_trees/gxl_p281_1g.dtb as well.

Edited once, last by thielj (April 23, 2023 at 4:32 PM).

• You did not write exactly what kind of device you have, nor whether the LE runs from an SD card or an eMMC. If you boot from an SD card, you should try a clean installation first (with the correct dtb) on another SD card to see if it boots at all.

ive a Tanix TX5 Pro S905X 2GB and its installed on internal eMMC i reinstalled again till LibreELEC-MXQ-4K-Pro_2G.arm-9.2.8.6

• ive a Tanix TX5 Pro S905X 2GB and its installed on internal eMMC i reinstalled again till LibreELEC-MXQ-4K-Pro_2G.arm-9.2.8.6

Okay, we are now one step closer to the fact that you are using the factory dtb of MXQ Pro 4K+, which is already named gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb in the Generic_S905 version since 9.2.8.7.

I still recommend testing an SD card with the latest version (v9.2.8.8) and the dtb mentioned above.

• Okay, we are now one step closer to the fact that you are using the factory dtb of MXQ Pro 4K+, which is already named gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb in the Generic_S905 version since 9.2.8.7.

I still recommend testing an SD card with the latest version (v9.2.8.8) and the dtb mentioned above.

Made a SD card and using that dtb then its runing fine.
    tryed to update the internal again and seen in the writing its updating the device tree to gxl_p212_2g.dtb can i force it that it ll use gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb when updating from tar

• tryed to update the internal again and seen in the writing its updating the device tree to gxl_p212_2g.dtb can i force it that it ll use gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb when updating from tar

It's quite interesting to me how that can happen, because the update script looks for the le-dt-id value in the dtb, and it is clearly "gxl_p212_2g_nand".

Please boot from the SD card containing the v9.2.8.8 LE image and apply the following command:

Code
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 2> /dev/null
    dd if="/flash/device_trees/gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb" of=/dev/dtb bs=256k 2> /dev/null

Then turn off the box, remove the SD card and try to boot from the internal eMMC.

• command doesnt do mutch also after it trying to boot whitout sd same result not booting, putty gives this also no install comand or so just new line:

Code
    LibreELEC (dtech): 9.2.8.8 (Generic_S905.arm)
    LibreELEC:~ # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 2> /dev/null
    LibreELEC:~ # dd if=/flash/device_trees/gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb of=/dev/dtb bs=256k 2> /dev/null
    LibreELEC:~ #
  • command doesnt do mutch also after it trying to boot whitout sd same result not booting

Nothing is displayed because the output is sent to /dev/null. Okay, new round...

Code
    echo $(cat /proc/device-tree/le-dt-id)
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1
    dd if="/usr/share/bootloader/device_trees/gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb" of=/dev/dtb bs=256k

If it has already run, please send me the output as well.

• Impossible to install on MXQ pro S805 with 2gb (m201C_AP).

Please i need help

On the one hand, it is new information for me that an MXQ Pro box was manufactured with an S805 SoC at all, especially a 2 GB one. I think some part of the information is wrong in this sentence.

On the other hand, if you followed my description, which I also described in the first post of this topic, then exactly at which point did you get stuck? And which image did you even try?

• If it has already run, please send me the output as wel

Hi, sry for the late reply was too bussy to test this..

this is the output:

after this i reboot whitout the SD and i get: error in mount_flash: mount_common: could not mount /dev/system

also maybe other problem whit it running from SD, the wired lan connection is not working it gets a ip but not my local one and cant use internet trough it i need to use wifi so i could ssh it.

• Little Faye complained earlier this morning that, since yesterday, the tvbox (the all black s805 mxq) plays nothing! By "nothing" she means "nothing that needs internet access", so I will start from there.

First and foremost, the box was connected to an open public network offered by the local municipality and that requires the user to open a browser and accept some terms before connecting. Let's assume that Faye found her way to libreelec settings > connections and connected to that open wifi. The home's wifi, where the tvbox is connected regularly, was still there, but when trying to connect to it, it asked for the key! Entering the key though still does not connect to the home's wifi! And this is where I decided get my hands dirty...

I enabled kodi's setting to show hidden files and folders, deleted /storage/.cache/connman and rebooted the tvbox to start fresh. I entered the key again, but it still can not connect. It can not even get an ip! I repeated all that 2 more times and rebooted the router once, but still no luck. I also noticed that instead of the 6+ wifi routers in the area, the connections tab now shows only 3 (or 4 at most) and that the forementioned public network is no longer visible. Any ideas on that?

My plan for the day is to check how crowded the wifi channels are over there and to set a simpler key for the home's wifi, because it now has the default one which is like 15-20 characters long and a pita to enter every time.

p.s. When I say "I" above I do not mean me in particular, but an adult person capable to understand basic navigation inside menus etc and who is quite fluent in English. In that case, that person is her mom.

Edited once, last by jim_p (May 30, 2023 at 1:46 PM).

• after this i reboot whitout the SD and i get: error in mount_flash: mount_common: could not mount /dev/system

Okay, now you should try to mount the system partition under the system running from the SD card:

Code
    mkdir /tmp/system
    mount -o ro /dev/system /tmp/system
    md5sum /tmp/system/SYSTEM
    md5sum /flash/SYSTEM

If it was successful and the two SYSTEM file checksums match each other (expected value: 23bec528ae6e75828fa5126c8663b6e1), then we continue in another direction, but if we do not get the expected result, then we have the cause of the problem.