Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• I think that will be my last time in this forum as my box just decided to die today. No power light at all but I can feel that usb hdd is spinning. Tried different power adapter but no luck.

There was no power for a sec when box was on.

• I am running LE-9.2.8 from sd card on a M8 S802 (k200) box. Everything work great except I cant connect to my network using Ethernet, WIFI works great. I would really appreciate any help to solve this problem.

My log file. ix.io/3Hvw

Thanx for the great work.

• Sorry for the late reply, but unfortunately I don’t have much time for anything outside of work lately. :(

I think that will be my last time in this forum as my box just decided to die today. No power light at all but I can feel that usb hdd is spinning. Tried different power adapter but no luck.

There was no power for a sec when box was on.

Does the box's factory adapter supply voltage in idle state? Because if not, it might be broken and took a Zener-diode with it in the box. This is relatively easy to detect (with a multimeter) because the input side will short circuit if the Z-diode fails. But to do that, the box needs to be disassembled.

When experimenting with other DC adapters, pay attention to the voltage: If the box needs 5V DC, use only 5V DC power!

I already had to label my boxes separately because they operate at different voltages, but their DC power connectors are the same.

forum.libreelec.tv/core/attachment/8103/

If you connect a higher voltage adapter instead of 5V (eg. 12V), the power LED will flash for a moment, then the zener diode will go short to protect the device. Repair is only possible by desoldering and replacing this diode. (Of course, this only works if the manufacturer has installed the protection diode at all. If not, the box has gone up in smoke.)

I am running LE-9.2.8 from sd card on a M8 S802 (k200) box. Everything work great except I cant connect to my network using Ethernet, WIFI works great. I would really appreciate any help to solve this problem.

My log file. ix.io/3Hvw

Thanx for the great work.

Which version was previously installed that Ethernet worked?

• So before that happened the box was running. We were adding outside power socket so I switched off rcd and mains power fuse at fuse box. When we finished and i went to watch something on the tv the box was off - which was obvious as i cut the power to the box. But there was no led light at all. So i switched power button and still nothing. I took it over to my laptop to power it over otg port and same. Power adapter was the same all the time - 5V.

I will open the box later on again and will try to look for diode but i couldn't find anything burned but one section of the board was extremely hot.

I read online on other forum that most of the time it is not even wort looking for issues with those cheap boxes.

• I will open the box later on again and will try to look for diode but i couldn't find anything burned but one section of the board was extremely hot.

I read online on other forum that most of the time it is not even wort looking for issues with those cheap boxes.

Extreme heat disipation can indicate a short circuit, but then the faulty part must be determined.

I'm sorry, I'm an electrical engineer so I tend to go deeper into things. Including multimeter and soldering iron... :saint:

I recently repaired a box with a similar problem, although this was caused by a DC-to-DC step-down converter (STI3470) and not a Z-diode:

The dead box was this: I search Libreelec device with DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 tuner, any suggestion?

According to envagyok, the fault happened after a pre-announced power outage planned by the electricity supplier.

Unfortunately, an inductive load (such as the compressor of an older refrigerator) can deliver a transient peak pulse to devices that are not adequately protected with a phase correction circuit. If several loads are energized at the same time after a power failure or the circuit breaker switching back on, it can produce "interesting" things on the same phase in any other part of the household. Unfortunately in a bad sense... :(

• When i click on jpg files(last one and one before) that you are adding it shows page not found. So can compare it to my box.

I do have soldering iron and multimeter but with smd i think it would be better to use hot air.

I'm painting my house now so don't have much time either but will check it closely - will have to learn how to use multimeter correctly:)

• RN5T618
    [RICOH ELECTRONIC DEVICES Official Website] RN5T618 is the power management IC for GPS-PND/MID. It integrates three high-efficiency step-down DCDC converters,…
    www.n-redc.co.jp

This one here is extremely HOT straight away - i know same as yours DC-DC converter but i won't be able to replace it without hot air - too small, too many legs;)

I still might buy it and try to replace it but i'm 99% sure i will fail. Just bought 2pcs from Ali so have planty of time to buy hot air station;)

That's why i will be looking for new box. I wish I could get one working with 12V which would solve few problems but not all and not the one like list time - but i bought few small 12v UPS equipped with 4 batteries that should work when power is down.

Huawei BBU15-D-T zasilacz awaryjny 12 V DC, 1,5 A z wtykiem 2,1 / 5,5 mm na baterie AA (baterie w zestawie)

Edited once, last by loki7777 (December 13, 2021 at 8:15 PM).

• loki7777

This Ricoh RN5T618 is a slightly more complex voltage controller, hot air is required to replace it.

Unfortunately, the 5V power supply of the cheaper boxes is not really efficient. If the load fluctuates, the power supply of the USB devices will not be stable either, due to the fact that it also needs 5V. The solutions used in 12V boxes are orders of magnitude more efficient.

The KI Plus I fixed (photo attached earlier) already used a 12V DC adapter. Meanwhile, it was proved that the 12V->18V booster IC (INN8186) of the satellite LNB power transmitter kicked back to the power line, and the indicated IC was destroyed.

I tried to transfer from a donor (with hot air) but it also went short-circuited very quickly (approx. 2 seconds).

(However, the box and the DVB-C/T2 part of the tuner remained fully usable without this booster IC, so the success rate is ~95%.)

tico

Please try this image: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/snapshots/20211214/

• I just ordered hot air station - nothing fancy but should do the trick.

• I just ordered hot air station - nothing fancy but should do the trick.

A tip before soldering:

You should always use the right amount of good quality flux and set a well-chosen temperature, because copper foil can be damaged if you keep it at a high temperature for a long time!

If you follow these (and your hands don’t shake either), you may be able to replace this IC. I wish you good soldering. ;)

• Thank you dtech for the new file, but it didn't work. I tried to update first, no luck (it was saying there was compatibility issue). So I made a new SD card and it went on a boot loop. Thank you for your effort.

• Thank you dtech for the new file, but it didn't work. I tried to update first, no luck (it was saying there was compatibility issue). So I made a new SD card and it went on a boot loop. Thank you for your effort.

The tar-based update will not work if the two devices do not have the same name (n200 ≠ M8), so it is completely normal.

But, that boot loop is weird, because there is only difference from the n200 that the M8 image got the dtb of M8.

Are you sure everything is fine with the second sd card?

• I redid two new Sd card (two different makers) and I am getting the same results as the first one. I was doing some search of dtb files for M8 and I found this one in txt format, but I don't know if it is the wright one. I thing it came from the original rom k200-ota-20140807. Here is the link.

https://www.cnx-software.com/2014/05/12/how-to-extract-a-device-tree-file-from-android-firmware-files/. Thank you.

M8 Device Tree File.txt

Edited 2 times, last by tico (December 15, 2021 at 6:34 PM).

• Code
    I wanted to ask Dtech if it was possible to modify your LibreELEC-MXIII-1G.arm-9.2.8.3, as this works fine with my one gig MXIII box with amlogic S802 but all videos (of any kind) baffering continuously . Sure it's because you created it for AP6330 while mine is AP6181, but the wify works anyway that's weird, can you do something for my box? thanks anyway.
  • I redid two new Sd card (two different makers) and I am getting the same results as the first one. I was doing some search of dtb files for M8 and I found this one in txt format, but I don't know if it is the wright one. I thing it came from the original rom k200-ota-20140807. Here is the link.

I used the same dtb as Demetris, so I don't understand why it doesn't boot. Unfortunately, I have no idea without viewing the UART output.

Code
    I wanted to ask Dtech if it was possible to modify your LibreELEC-MXIII-1G.arm-9.2.8.3, as this works fine with my one gig MXIII box with amlogic S802 but all videos (of any kind) baffering continuously . Sure it's because you created it for AP6330 while mine is AP6181, but the wify works anyway that's weird, can you do something for my box? thanks anyway.

If you can provide an URL from dmesg | paste that would be good.

• Thank you for your effort.

After looking at the sd cards using MiniTool Partition Wizard I noticed that the k200 sd card has two partition one labeled libreelec and the other one is unallocated. The sd card with the new M8 has an extra partition called Storage. All of the sd card were created the same way using LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32. I also noticed that at the boot loop it says: " rm: can't` remove '/Storage/.please _rezise_me' : Read_only file system". I hope that this new information will help pinpoint the boot loop problem. Thank you'

Edited once, last by tico (December 16, 2021 at 7:57 PM).

• Thank you for your effort.

After looking at the sd cards using MiniTool Partition Wizard I noticed that the k200 sd card has two partition one labeled libreelec and the other one is unallocated. The sd card with the new M8 has an extra partition called Storage. All of the sd card were created the same way using LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32. I also noticed that at the boot loop it says: " rm: can't` remove '/Storage/.please _rezise_me' : Read_only file system". I hope that this new information will help pinpoint the boot loop problem. Thank you'

Something is wrong here. If it really prints this out, it's not a classic boot-loop at all. You compare it unnecessarily to version 8 because the labels of the partitions are different. Here are some questions you should answer:

• Have you tried the Toothpick method? (If not, please give it a try.)
    • What is the size of the SD card you wrote the image on? (If it's larger than 32GB, it isn't good. Please try a smaller one.)
    • If there is a write-protect switch on the side of the SD card (or SD adapter), make sure it does not switch to "read-only" position when inserted into the box.

By the way, if you were to try the n200 image on the same "new" sd card (which had previously booted without error on the "old" sd card), then if you really have a problem with the "new" sd card, you should not boot that image either. It would be worth a try, the above questions will not help...