Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Hi All

I've got an S805 OTTO TV box (MXQ 5g) ---
    I'm only using it as an audio endpoint. Currently running with a snapclient, but I will probably add Kodi if I only want to listen to audio in that room (or more the point if my wife does... I'm okay with muting the other systems)

I've got Libreelec on 2 TV systems, and would be happy to swap out armbian for this image - BUT I want to know if the snapclient plugin is supported on this version - and if it includes the newer improvements that when the Kodi audio player starts it allows that to take over, using ALSA not Pulse - I had issues with that on another system)

• Any ideas about the wireless issue I posted about yesterday? As it seems, our posts happened at almost the same time, so you may have missed it.

You actually posted it 1 minute earlier than I replied to a previous comment, so I really didn't notice.

Unfortunately, my answer to your question is that I have no idea. I have not yet tried to connect to a hotspot that requires authentication under LE. In general, a browser is also required to complete the authentication, which is not available on the box.

I've got an S805 OTTO TV box (MXQ 5g) ---

Pairing the S805 with 5G seemed a bit odd, so I looked it up. The Chinese have created again and built a box in 2022 with a 2014 SoC.

OMG! :|

However, I don't know how the RTL8723AS fits with "5G", because it is only a 2.4 GHz wireless chip. Ok, let's move on...

I'm only using it as an audio endpoint. Currently running with a snapclient, but I will probably add Kodi if I only want to listen to audio in that room (or more the point if my wife does... I'm okay with muting the other systems)

I've got Libreelec on 2 TV systems, and would be happy to swap out armbian for this image - BUT I want to know if the snapclient plugin is supported on this version - and if it includes the newer improvements that when the Kodi audio player starts it allows that to take over, using ALSA not Pulse - I had issues with that on another system)

The Snapserver/Snapclient addons are available, but the factory version in LE9.2 is v0.15, which has not been updated since then.

Unfortunately, I don't use this addon, so I can't answer your question. But the easiest thing is to take an SD card and try the image.

• Unfortunately, my answer to your question is that I have no idea. I have not yet tried to connect to a hotspot that requires authentication under LE. In general, a browser is also required to complete the authentication, which is not available on the box.

I do not want it to connect to the hotspot that needs authentication, I want it to connect to the home's wifi that has a simple wifi key. It had been connected to it from mid July of 2021 until last Friday.

• It had been connected to it from mid July of 2021 until last Friday.

Your description is quite vague to me. Have you tried to connect to another router? And the classic question: are you 100% sure that you entered the WPA key correctly? By the way, it would be nice if you could send us a log, because without it we're in the dark.

• There is no other router it can connect to, because all other wifi networks in the area protected and no one knows their keys apart from their owners.

As for its own key, of course I can not be 100% sure the user entered it correctly, but shouldn't it be already stored in connman's settings? Because mine is stored (in plain text) in a configuration file that looks like so and is unique for each interface and network the interface has connected to.

Code
    .cache/connman/wifi_(wifi's_mac_address)_(router's_ssid)_managed_psk/settings

Connecting to a different router creates a new file with similar name, but does not delete the existing one. I know that because I have deleted old configs a few times.

As for the log, if it had network access, I would grab one and study it before asking here. Unfortunately, the family can not tell the difference between a network cable and a phone one... and they only have one network cable, the one that connects the router to the pc.

Edited 2 times, last by jim_p (May 3, 2023 at 5:41 AM).

• Ok I fixed it. I asked her to connect it to the router via ethernet (she borrowed an ethernet cable and yes, she did connect it with a phone cable the first time) and then I connected to her pc via anydesk and to the tvbox via ssh. I also copied the wifi key straight from the router's web interface, just in case.

After that, I connected to it via connman and it simly worked (authenticated successfully, got the ip etc). Then she moved the tvbox back to the tv.

Edited once, last by jim_p (May 3, 2023 at 9:44 AM).

• This build is very fast and stable for wetek hub. This has been my primary movie player for many years. I watch over 80 gb 4k content over smb protocol on it and it still works very smoothly. Thanks

• Okay, now you should try to mount the system partition under the system running from the SD card:

Code
    mkdir /tmp/system
    mount -o ro /dev/system /tmp/system
    md5sum /tmp/system/SYSTEM
    md5sum /flash/SYSTEM

getting this:

Code
    LibreELEC (dtech): 9.2.8.8 (Generic_S905.arm)
    LibreELEC:~ # mkdir /tmp/system
    LibreELEC:~ # mount -o ro /dev/system /tmp/system
    mount: mounting /dev/system on /tmp/system failed: Invalid argument
    LibreELEC:~ # md5sum /tmp/system/SYSTEM
    md5sum: can't open '/tmp/system/SYSTEM': No such file or directory
    LibreELEC:~ # md5sum /flash/SYSTEM
    23bec528ae6e75828fa5126c8663b6e1  /flash/SYSTEM
    LibreELEC:~ #
  • mount: mounting /dev/system on /tmp/system failed: Invalid argument

Could the file system on the eMMC be corrupted? :/

Ok, then let's try to fix it and copy the necessary file there:

Code
    mke2fs -F -q -t ext4 -m 0 /dev/system
    mkdir /tmp/system
    mount -o rw /dev/system /tmp/system
    cp /flash/SYSTEM /tmp/system
    sync
    umount /tmp/system

(As usual, I would like to get the output of these commands, if possible...)

Then restart.

• Ok getting this:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # mke2fs -F -q -t ext4 -m 0 /dev/system
    /dev/system contains a ext4 file system
    last mounted on /flash on Thu Jan  1 00:00:32 2015
    Suggestion: Use Linux kernel >= 3.18 for improved stability of the metadata and journal checksum features.
    mkdir: can't create directory '/tmp/system': File exists
    LibreELEC:~ # mount -o rw /dev/system /tmp/system
    LibreELEC:~ # cp /flash/SYSTEM /tmp/system
    LibreELEC:~ # sync
    LibreELEC:~ # umount /tmp/system

did the previous request:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # mount -o ro /dev/system /tmp/system
    LibreELEC:~ # md5sum /tmp/system/SYSTEM
    23bec528ae6e75828fa5126c8663b6e1  /tmp/system/SYSTEM
    LibreELEC:~ # md5sum /flash/SYSTEM
    23bec528ae6e75828fa5126c8663b6e1  /flash/SYSTEM

I did reboot whitout sd and get: error in mount_storage etc... could not mount /dev/data

• yes i have

Okay, it's fine then. :thumbup:

There is no point sending more commands to you, just use installtointernal again. The essence would be the same anyway, and it will solve your problem.

However, it is a mystery to me what caused the corruption of the filesystems on the eMMC.

• I assume its normal with hardware video decoding active that the deinterlace method is greyed out?

If hardware decoding is enabled, the deinterlace method also works with a hardware algorithm, so in this case it is normal that you cannot choose between different deinterlace methods. When hardware acceleration is turned on, the built-in deinterlace filter is automatically activated when interlaced videos are recognized.

• Hi all! Is there an image for Matricom G-Box Midnight MX2 on aml8726-mx?

qUE_ARM made support for it, you can find it in this topic:

qUE_ARM
    March 2, 2023 at 5:57 PM