Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Something went wrong...i`m not able to boot into libreelec any more from sd card.

I ordered MXQ, will know soon more about it.

• Something went wrong...i`m not able to boot into libreelec any more from sd card.

WeTek images do not need aml_autoscript, but standard images need it. However, this only runs if you use the toothpick method:

Start LibreELEC from SD card:
    If you want to boot the device from an SD Card, you need to perform the 'toothpick method':
    Disconnect the power plug, insert the prepared SD Card on, which the image file is written (img.gz), and then press and hold the reset button. Reconnect the power jack while holding down the reset button, then release it after about 3-5 seconds.
    NOTICE: If the Android recovery menu appeared, you pressed the button for too long.

The toothpick method only needs to be run once, but it is an important step because it sets a bunch of uboot variables, which are needed to boot LibreELEC from SD card or USB (and if it can't find them, it will boot from eMMC/NAND automatically). However, the aml_autoscript of LE8 and LE9 are not compatible with each other, so if LE8 was installed earlier, this may be the reason why LE9.2 does not start. But the toothpick method will solve this problem.

WeTek devices do this whole method differently: Power button -> whereToBootFrom uboot variable. This is one of the main reasons that WeTek images are really only for WeTek devices.

• WeTek images do not need aml_autoscript, but standard images need it. However, this only runs if you use the toothpick method:

The toothpick method only needs to be run once, but it is an important step because it sets a bunch of uboot variables, which are needed to boot LibreELEC from SD card or USB (and if it can't find them, it will boot from eMMC/NAND automatically). However, the aml_autoscript of LE8 and LE9 are not compatible with each other, so if LE8 was installed earlier, this may be the reason why LE9.2 does not start. But the toothpick method will solve this problem.

WeTek devices do this whole method differently: Power button -> whereToBootFrom uboot variable. This is one of the main reasons that WeTek images are really only for WeTek devices.

TNX 4 answer.

I dont have(anymore) reset buton.

First,long time ago did,now i opened the box and there is no reset buton.

Where it should be is a cean spot.

Now i dont know did it had reset or not.

Or did i broke it.

MXQ just arived...

Except Libreelec image, do i need to copy "tree" dtb to?

• Is it possible to know the exact type? Unfortunately, the MXQ is a bit short. (The original MXQ is just an S805 box.)

TNX 4 responce....

Yeah,the original MXQ(5G)...only do not know what version Amlogic or else.

Have reset button but will not get into dual boot.

Evry time boot into normal no metter how long reset button is pressed.

• Yeah,the original MXQ(5G)...only do not know what version Amlogic or else.

Have reset button but will not get into dual boot.

Evry time boot into normal no metter how long reset button is pressed.

MXQ(5G) -> It is not an exact type, just a fancy name. However, I cannot recommend a dtb without the correct specification.

By the way, there are actually some of these that do not even contain an Amlogic SoC. (e.g. Rockchip RK3229)

You should somehow find out what it contains and how much RAM is in the box.

• MXQ(5G) -> It is not an exact type, just a fancy name. However, I cannot recommend a dtb without the correct specification.

By the way, there are actually some of these that do not even contain an Amlogic SoC. (e.g. Rockchip RK3229)

You should somehow find out what it contains and how much RAM is in the box.

I have bigger problem now.

I made contact with reseller, they said that MXQ 4K 5G have Allwinner H313 chipset.

Is there any hope for libreelec or i should send back this product(and look for amlogic = X96mini, de X96Max of de X96 x4)?

• I have bigger problem now.

I made contact with reseller, they said that MXQ 4K 5G have Allwinner H313 chipset.

Is there any hope for libreelec or i should send back this product(and look for amlogic = X96mini, de X96Max of de X96 x4)?

As I saw, there is no support for the Allwinner H313. I also can't recommend a box, especially not one that I've never had either.

• hi

can we make python 3 work on this version? i get an error when trying to install iplayer

cheers

Under Kodi v18 (Leia) only addons written in Python2 can be used. Python3 is only available under Kodi 19 (Matrix).

So, if the add-on requires Python3, it is not made for Leia.

Please check if there is a supported version for Kodi 18. If not, I can only quote myself from the first post:

At the same time, the version of Kodi v18 (Leia) is no longer developed, so it may happen at any time that an external add-on stops working (especially online add-ons) and no longer receive updates for this version of Kodi.

• Hello and happy 2023 to everyone!

A couple of hours ago I noticed that lekma's addon for invidious has stopped supporting python2 since early August of 2021! Assuming that more will follow soon, I started searching here and there for any solutions and I came accross this entry from the wiki.

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/hardware/amlogic

The 2 images that are mentioned there no longer exist as it seems. The closest ones seem to be the AMLGX nightlies for le 11 the Amlogic/box folder. Assuming there is a relevant device tree file in there (which is something I can not verify unless I flash an image to an sd card and then check... some subfolder in there) what are the chances that it will work on an s805 or an s905 device?

p.s. Please excuse my long absense from the forum. I had a really hard time with covid in 2022 :(

• jim_p As per the wiki, AMLGX images are for 64-bit hardware (S905 and up) and AMLMX is for Meson 8 (S802/S805/S182) although S812 is not functioning. There hasn't been much upstream work done on the Meson 8 codebase in the last year as the sole developer (Martin B) has been keeping himself busy with other things.

The last AMLMX pre-pre-Alpha test image I created was in Feb '22: https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/ - It did boot on an Odroid C1 but I can't speak for anything else.

• Thank you for all the clarifications. I want to try a le11 nightly image on s905 sometime (= when I will feel better and done with all the medical tests), so does it contain the device tree for my box (mxqpro4k 1gb)? Also, can it boot from a usb stick, because I have no sdcards handy?

• Automatic system update has been enabled for the following devices since 2023-01-05:

• WeTek Play 2 (GXBB),
    • Mecool KI Pro (GXL),
    • Videostrong KI Plus (GXBB),
    • WeTek Core (Meson8m2),
    • OTT M8S+ (Meson8m2),
    • MXQ HD18Q (Meson8b),
    • MXQ m201d (Meson8b).

If the auto update is enabled, but the installed version is not the latest (v9.2.8.6), then the listed devices will automatically download and install it after restarting. If anyone is experiencing any issues with the update, please report it here.

• Thank you for all the clarifications. I want to try a le11 nightly image on s905 sometime (= when I will feel better and done with all the medical tests), so does it contain the device tree for my box (mxqpro4k 1gb)? Also, can it boot from a usb stick, because I have no sdcards handy?

There's no specific device tree but there are a number of other GXBB (S905) box devices present and one will probably be close enough to work. The upstream kernel doesn't require RAM specs to be coded in the device-tree which makes experiments a little easier. The box will always boot from emmc (hardcoded boot priorities) but you should be able to use the 'toothpick' method to trigger a recovery mode search for boot.scr and loading the upstream kernel from SD or USB.

If you have further Q's let's take them to a separate thread (or the AMLGX general thread) to keep this one on-topic.