Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• I can't comment on that, I've never encountered such a bug so far.

Don't worry all is grand even with this "feature";)

Will try to copy my old confluence skin from kodi 15 as i think it is related to skin(but on default skin it's missing as well) - but tbh with you i don't care about it can live without it:)

• Thank you very much for your help, erbas, but in the first of the links it says to leave the confiuration as in the images that appear, and there is no image. And the second link is to configure nagravision, and not for astra 19,2E so I can't know what the exact configuration would be

• I only have a problem with the docker

"Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix: ///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?"

I have no idea what is missing.

From branch 9.2, along with the end of official amlogic support, aml-specific patches for docker support was also dropped.

The docker compatibility was not a priority in my builds, so I wasn’t really concerned with re-implementing background support.

Edited once, last by dtech (September 12, 2021 at 6:33 PM).

• Bad news, I mainly use Nextpvr, pihole or adguard a bit of a shame it won't be supported, but it's good that at least you have refresh the old boxes

I would be happy to re-implement the support if someone submits it in PR.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to investigate lately. Since I don't use the docker, I couldn't even test it.

• LibreELEC v9.2.8.2 (2021-09-12) has been released for S8X2 devices only.

Changes since v9.2.8.1 (2021-08-14):

• restore whitelist patch to fix cadence-correct playback problems (eg. 23.976 and 29.97 fps),
    • disable all Realtek SDIO and USB wifi/bluetooth adapter drivers in kernel configuration,
    • M8S-Plus: enable some external Realtek USB wifi adapter drivers.
    • 3rdParty images: enable some updated external Realtek SDIO and USB wifi/bluetooth adapter drivers in options,
    • 3rdParty images: merge MXIII-S8X2 devices to main S8X2 project,
    • Minix-S8X2 images: sync boot scripts and kernel with datrh's repo (based on 9.0.2 with custom Kodi version),
    • 3rdParty images: platform_init script replaced to prevent freeze problems after stop or seek.
    • 3rdParty images: zram service is disabled on devices that have more than 1 GB of RAM.

Images can only be published after testing and positive confirmation!

So far, this has happened to these devices:

Not-affected S8X2 devices: WeTek Core.

Affected but not yet confirmed (waiting for feedback):

• Minix X8/X8-H,
    • Minix X8-H Plus,
    • MXIII-1G,
    • MXIII-G/-Plus.

If you would like to help with testing, please indicate what device you have and what you experienced during the test.

Only these images can be used for testing: (snapshot directory link removed)

After positive confirmation, the images will be transferred to their own download directory.

I do not wait anymore... (2021-10-11)

Index of /3rdParty/S8X2/

IMPORTANT!

If you installed it as an update and you have a problem installing addons, you will need to manually update the LE repository addon:

repository.libreelec.tv-9.2.1.zip

Edited 16 times, last by dtech (October 11, 2021 at 10:44 AM).

• MXIII-G 4K 2GB/16GB

LibreELEC-n200-AP6330_2G.arm-9.2.8.2 - some glitches at boot(when you see "linux things" - same with last snapshot but not important). Wifi no problem(connects with kodi repo straight away and is downloading skin without any issues), movie freeze gone. Manual update from previous snapshot is working as well - just tested to keep ale the settings intact. If there were no more changes from previous snapshot then i was testing it for hours and it is working flawless.

No volume/mute osd but i think it might be related to my avr/panasonic 4k tv but my older openelec build works without that glitch - will try to track it down with debug..

LibreELEC-MXIII-Plus.arm-9.2.8.2.img - no wifi for me so didn't test it more. Glitches at boot.

Edited once, last by loki7777 (September 13, 2021 at 10:06 AM).

• MXIII-G 4K 2GB/16GB

LibreELEC-n200-AP6330_2G.arm-9.2.8.2 - some glitches at boot(when you see "linux things" - same with last snapshot but not important). Wifi no problem(connects with kodi repo straight away and is downloading skin without any issues), movie freeze gone. If there were no more changes from previous snapshot then i was testing it for hours and it is working flawless.

No volume/mute osd but i think it might be related to my avr/panasonic 4k tv but my older openelec build works without that glitch - will try to track it down with debug..

LibreELEC-MXIII-Plus.arm-9.2.8.2.img - no wifi for me so didn't test it more. Glitches at boot.

That glitch is normal, also present in M8S+, due to the framebuffer reset (by platform_init script).

However, this is necessary to correct the freezing error, but I think we can live with that. :)

Since you have a clone with the AP6330, the universal n200 image is basically the best (and perhaps the only working) choice.

I enabled the image as stable, thanks for your feedback. ;)

Edited once, last by dtech (September 13, 2021 at 10:25 AM).

• Please check your device connection. I tried it a few minutes ago from a new SD card and I have no problem with LE addon downloads from my repo.

Not working for me as well(just checked) - there is no size beside them - installation failed. Kodi add-on repository is working without any problems. But i don't care about add-ons anyway.

• Not working for me as well(just checked) - there is no size beside them - installation failed. Kodi add-on repository is working without any problems. But i don't care about add-ons anyway.

Okay, it is strange.

First question: The v9.2.8.2 was an update or a new installation?

Second question: It was a download failure or install failure?

I need a kodi log...

• Install failure. It looks like LE can't see files from this repo as it is not showing size. I did update from old snapshot(the one from 10th). Will check with new installation as well.

Yes - it is upgrade related as fresh installation is working ok.

• Install failure. It looks like LE can't see files from this repo as it is not showing size. I did update from old snapshot(the one from 10th). Will check with new installation as well.

Yes - it is upgrade related as fresh installation is working ok.

Okay, I investigated and all new images in the S8X2 project are affected: M8S+, MXIII*, Uni-n200.

The cause of the error is probably not in my own build, but rather in Kodi or LE.

It is a fact: The repository link for the devices has changed.

Old: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/packages/9.2.0/M8S-Plus/arm

New: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/packages/9.2.0/S8X2/arm

But that's still not the real reason, because both paths work and point to the same target (symlink).

Code
    2021-09-14 06:37:34.376 T:3010805760 WARNING: Repository add-on repository.libreelec.tv uses plain HTTP for add-on downloads in path http://libreelec.dtech.hu/packages/9.2.0/S8X2/arm - this is insecure and will make your Kodi installation vulnerable to attacks if enabled!
    2021-09-14 06:38:04.143 T:2901406592 WARNING: Previous line repeats 32 times.
    2021-09-14 06:38:04.143 T:2901406592   ERROR: Requested path http://libreelec.dtech.hu/packages/9.2.0/M8S-Plus/arm/virtual.dvb-tools/virtual.dvb-tools-9.2.0.105.zip not found in known repository directories

The repository link is good, the download link is working, it's just from the old index file.

Somehow the index would have to be updated to point to the new location, but I have no idea where LE stores this. ?(

Update #1:

It doesn't work either: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/how-to/force-add-on-update

It can be updated, but it will still use the old URL when downloading add-ons. What a stupid bug is this?

Update #2: The Kodi backup/restore solution does not work either.

Edited 4 times, last by dtech (September 14, 2021 at 8:52 AM).