Legacy v9.2 (LTS) builds for Amlogic S805/S8X2, S905/S912 and all WeTek boxes

• Thank you for the DTB but dint solve the Ethernet problem. One think that I noticed on Dtech image the remote worked right away, on the Demetris didn't work but the WI-FI was about ten points stronger

• I tried the new image and it doesn't boot. At first boot it act the same a the other M8 image. Thanks

Okay, second act with reverse logic: original n200-based dtb modified with S802 meson-eth layout.

Index of /3rdParty/S8X2/Universal-k200-S802_2G-AP6330/, the new project name: k200-AP6330_2G.

This should boot and there is a good chance that Ethernet will work with this snapshot image. Please give it a try.

I have not located a source for the stock Android firmware for your OTT box, but the specs for it appear identical to the Matricom G-BOX Q, https://matricom.net/product/g-box-q/, that I had worked with, so I have attached a copy of the DTB as pulled using Android Image Kitchen that you can try on either the Demetris or Dtech "kernel.img" images.

kernel.img-second.zip

The dtb you sent contains m8m2_n200_2G in its header, so that is for S812, not S802.

I decoded from binary to dts with dtc and it contains the same Ethernet entry typical of S812.

Code: kernel.img-second.dts
            ethernet@0xc9410000 {
                    compatible = "amlogic,meson8m2-rmii-dwmac\0snps,dwmac";
                    reg = < 0xc9410000 0x10000 0xc1108108 0x04 >;
                    interrupts = < 0x00 0x08 0x01 >;
                    interrupt-names = "macirq";
                    clocks = "clk81";
                    clock-names = "stmmaceth";
            };

I also checked the Gbox Q Android stock firmware and it contains multiple dtbs with the following IDs:

Code
    m8_k200_2gsdhc
    m8_k200_2gsdio
    m8_k200_sdhc
    m8_k200_sdio
    m8m2_n200_1G
    m8m2_n200_2G
    m8m2_n200C_1G
    m8m2_n200C_2G

I don't think you sent the good dtb (or you have a Gbox Q2 which contains an S812 SoC). The top four pieces are S802s and the bottoms are S812s.

Dear Dhath me on my 1 Giga MXIII and with Ap 6181 I have installed your libreelec 823 mxiii ap6330 taken from third parties and everything is ok but the WiFi is very slow and the videos are very baffering while the last of Demetrio is very good. can't you change this for Ap 6181? unfortunately I cannot connect it with an ethernet cable because it is too far from my ruter

Unfortunately, wifi is a double-edged blade, because if I make changes in the driver, it will get better for someone and worse for another, so I don’t want to poke the latest drivers (or the options file for each project) anymore. I'm sorry.

However, if you really sent this message to Demetris or datrh (it seems from the description), next time you need to spell their names correctly. :saint:

• Rest assured that the DTB posted was not a mistake, but intended on getting the box to come up at least, no matter what build was tried. After all, a box that does not boot is a box that is certainly hard to fix. I am aware that the S802 and S812 are fundamentally the same with provision for H.265, plus the clone jobber OTT TV box comes in a number of flavours M8, M8N, M8S, you name it. However, at least the Matricom gear with the G-Box series, Q, Q2, Q3 and the likes does not suffer from "internet memory" and access to their firmware is a no-brainer. Without having access to the digital "schematic" DTB from the stock firmware for the OTT TV box, there is no certainty as to what peripherals hang of the SoC, configuration, addressing, whatever, so it is the best guess on the closest box based on vague descriptions. If I had ready access to the actual OTT TV stock firmware, I would have gone with that, plain and simple.

Yes, most, if not all boxes, use the multiple-DTB setups so that a single cut can operate on many platforms put together by manufactures, easier for them to sell one blob than dozens, LibreELEC is built to a specific target without adding the bulk of every driver known and configurations for each of them. There was never any expectation that the Ethernet worked, might be lucky, great, remote works, lights blink, WiFi blazing fast, hyper resolution screen capable, just that the next steps were to troubleshoot the pieces in that black box. Sure the Dtech builds have the correct remote configurations, whereas the Demetris releases the correct "remote.conf" is put on the SD card on boot and it is business as usual. Troubleshooting and preparation can be done with a keyboard, not a remote.

Now that the box comes up and you can use a KEYBOARD, getting the detailed "dmesg" results would go a long way on isolating the Ethernet hangups.

• :) You did it, the ethernet work very well and everything also so far. I will be doing more test as soon as I install some addons. Thank you

• I am aware that the S802 and S812 are fundamentally the same with provision for H.265 ...

If you rely on the incorrectly filled table on Wikipedia, it may indeed seem right, but this statement is not true at all.

The real SoC comparison:

Amlogic STB SoCs Comparison - AML8726-MX, S802, S805, and S812 - CNX Software
    The second quarter of 2014 is promising to be an exciting time for Android TV boxes based on Chinese SoCs with lots of announcements. Devices powered by
    www.cnx-software.com

So that's the point:

• S812 – Same as S802 but adding H.265/HEVC video decoding up to 4K and Gigabit Ethernet. This makes it more future proof than S802, and it could potentially be used as a media center with a USB hard drive and Gigabit Ethernet connection.

The fact is S802 has a common MII (Media Independent Interface), but S812 has an RGMII (Reduced Gigabit Media Independent Interface) between MAC and PHY. So the S802 has 100 Mbps connection limit, but the S812 is capable of Gigabit connection if the manufacturer puts a Gigabit transceiver into the box. Therefore, it is necessary for the Ethernet section to differ in the dtb associated with the two SoCs (#445).

My neighbor will be very happy, he is the owner of the M8 I just help him keep it working. He is a very nice old gentleman. Thank you.

Then I would like to greet him and wish him a Happy Holidays. :)

• Thank you for your great work dtech !

I will try on my MINIX Neo X8-H Plus as soon as possible. I discover lately that the DD+ audio signal isn't passing through the HDMI instead of dts or DD, I hope that with this update it will work. I am still in LE 9.0 :)

• Hi, i installed LibreELEC-X8-X8H.arm-9.2.8.3.img.gz on my Minix X8-H TV box today, and want to play some hi-res PCM audio.

Then i made Kodi settings to provide passtrough to my old Sony STR-DB840 reciever via optical SPDIF cable, and when i play 24/96, or 24/48 files, reciever information always show me only 44.1 sample rate, instead 48, 96, or 192 mhz, file sample rate.

Then i tried to upscale level of sample rate trough kodi settings, but it dont give any effect.

AC3 and DTS streams flows via SPDIF passtrough correctly, it show 48 or 96 mhz sample rate, but PCM (flac or m4a), is fixed to 44.1, regardless of their real sample rate.

Yes, my Sony STR-DB840 reciever can play audio via SPDIF with sample rate up to 96/24 (proof of this in attachment).

What can i do to fix it?

• Thank you for your great work dtech !

I will try on my MINIX Neo X8-H Plus as soon as possible. I discover lately that the DD+ audio signal isn't passing through the HDMI instead of dts or DD, I hope that with this update it will work. I am still in LE 9.0 :)

DD+ will not appear in the passthrough list, because the output is defined as S/PDIF. There was a pretty limited audio interface in the SoC, and I tried to define the output as HDMI earlier, but with the exception of standard DD and DTS (5.1), playing at a higher level proved impossible. The bandwidth of HDMI 1.4 would be enough for it, but it still doesn't work under S812, so the bottleneck is probably in the SoC. The only option is to enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding, then all "HD" audio formats over 5.1 (eg. Dolby TrueHD/Atmos or DTS-HD) will be transcoded to 5.1. If you actually have a 7.1 (or more speakers) sound system, the S812 will no longer be enough to serve it.

iCrazy

This is the same limited audio interface functionality that is causing your problem too. With the exception of HDMI passthrough, the SoC audio output restricted to this PCM format: 16-bit / 44.1kHz / 2 channels. This limitation no longer exists for later generations, such as S905 (GXBB) and 905X/D/W (GXL).

Therefore, I do not recommend connecting Meson8* devices to the DAC primarily to listen to Hi-Res audio formats. Due to the above, the transmission of the digital signal will be lossy in terms of both the sampling frequency and the dynamic range (bit rate).

• Therefore, I do not recommend connecting Meson8* devices to the DAC primarily to listen to Hi-Res audio formats. Due to the above, the transmission of the digital signal will be lossy in terms of both the sampling frequency and the dynamic range (bit rate).

So sad :( Thank for your answer!

• iCrazy: a solution / workaround which might work for you is to get an HDMI audio extractor with Optical output. Just make sure the audio extractor can patch audio capabilities into the EDID. There are buggy extractors out there, which do not - which really cripples the device, as it becomes useless if connected to a display which reports "no audio" in it's capabilities! (sorry for OT).

• I registered to the forum because of this thread. Thanks for all your work, dtech ! :thumbup:

I will try your 9.2.8 on a Wetek Openelec Box (= Wetek Play 1) and report back.

Any chance this also works on a Wetek Play 2?

Any plans for getting the LE 10.x ported to these old Amlogic devices?

• No plans for LE10 because we are working on LE11, see: Official LE Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

Well, that is even better :)

No plans for Meson6 (WP1)

Yes, I get that. The WP1 may also be too weak (CPU) to cope with the newer LE/Kodi versions. Also see below.

dtech I meanwhile installed your LibreElec fork 9.2.8 on my Wetek Openelec Box (Play 1). It works surprisingly well, but I can "feel" that the device is a bit laggy. But this is nothing new. Compared to my other device (Wetek Play 2), the WP1 is indeed much slower. However video playback works fine. Here's what I successfully tested:

- Network (Wired), both DHCP and static address

- TVHeadend setup with DVB-C tuner

- TV Play -> some channels become laggy after a few seconds, not sure yet why, could be because of mutex setting

- Access Samba Share in network and add as source

- Build media library (TV Shows and Movies)

- Remote Control (official with the device) -> certain buttons needed to be re-configured using the Keymap add-on (e.g. Context Menu, Favourites, Mute button)

- Playback of video *

- Todo: TVHeadend recording to external HDD

* I noticed that the video player does not show the control buttons (stop, play, rewind, forward) and other options (movie info, settings) anymore when I pause the movie. I tried different skins (Amber and Confluence) but the behaviour is the same. Is there a specific interface/video setting to re-enable these buttons? I hope you know what I mean.

Thank you guys for your work, highly appreciated!

• The WP1 may also be too weak (CPU) to cope with the newer LE/Kodi versions.

It's not about the weak CPU (although it is indeed not great). It's about the general lack of upstream kernel support for Meson6 hardware. It's just too old and nobody is working on that generation of devices. The little support that does exist upstream is mostly trickle down support for things in-common with Meson8, which is slowly making progress.