RPi4 LibreELEC Which version really works?

• Hello,

I have RPi4 with 8GB. I want to watch YouTube videos using LibreELEC.

The Raspberry Pi Imager and LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe helps to create the the SD with latest image.

But none really helps to play YouTube.

Is there any image which seriously works to play YouTube videos..?

Can anyone help me to get it..?

Thanks... Kunal

• Thanks Klojum..

I checked the link you provided and researched on creating API key for YouTube developer.

I have a smart TV (not extra smart) in living room. Everyone can watch YouTube without any serious settings and configuration. Netflix and Amazon Prime are also available and everyone enjoys. I checked, Amazon Prime and Netflix are not included by any addon and there is workaround for it. I haven't gone through it. I want to make similar system using my RPi4 which will be in bedroom. I use this RPI4 for multiple purposes, each has different SD and USB drive.

Is this the only option; creating API key for watching YouTube on Kodi ...? Limitations are always accepted but simple prerequisites makes end users happy.

• Use a current LE10 nightly dev image and then install "Tubed" from the Kodi repo. This works well and since it has completed all the YouTube vetting processes for apps, it requires no "developer API key" setup to work. The icon is a bit odd due to vetting preventing anything that looks like YouTube's logo, but you'll love the speed of search in K19.