AMLogic device becoming unstable

• Hi,

Can anyone please help me. I am using an Armlogic device running version 9.0.2.

It's becomming unstable and have errors.

Can someone help me about getting this system upgraded to a newer version. I understand that no officiel version is made yet and I have been told to use a BETA version.

However I have no URL to download it + how to get it installed on the system.

Please help with simple instructions on what to do.

Or is "all hope" gone regarding support again for Armlogic devices and if yes, is the best solution to buy the nVidia Shield Pro and install Libreelec on that ???

Thank you.

/HanSoloDK

• Should you not have posted some details on what the armlogic device is?

I thought most of them have been running coreelec for years due to libreelec not being supported.

you could downgrade to latest stable version until the stable version of the beta is completed or get a device that is supported, all depends on what your using it for and the addons that your running on it as they could be whats making it unstable, hope that makes sense

Good Luck

• Can anyone please help me. I am using an Armlogic device running version 9.0.2.

It's becomming unstable and have errors.

Sounds like a bit of SDcard corruption. Right now, CoreELEC has the latest Kodi version for AMLogic devices.

Typing "Please help" 3 times, including the thread title, is a bit over the top. We try to help everyone on this forum.

• Sounds like a bit of SDcard corruption. Right now, CoreELEC has the latest Kodi version for AMLogic devices.

Typing "Please help" 3 times, including the thread title, is a bit over the top. We try to help everyone on this forum.

Well I have been asking for help several times but haven't got anything that I can use or understand.

The last few times I tried getting help here, I was just told that DEV team no longer had enough time to do the Armlogic support for "stable versions" but I should download "some beta" versions and install those. However no information was provided on how to do this....

However now I am beginning to have serious problems with the device and I am guessing it's because the software version is to old.

It will no longer update it's "plug-ins" so when I try to add new content to it, it don't list it and it just hangs whrn I try using some of the plug-in's.

Sorry, my device is a WeTek Play 2 box that I have been very happy with.

So what you are saying is that I need to change away from Libreelec to CoreELEC and there is no way to stay using LibreElec.

How do I do this ?? Is my data / settings converted / saved in the process ??

Thank you.

/HanSoloDK

• LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.80.9-box.img.gz is an experimental mainline kernel image that includes support for the WP2 *but* there is currently no upstream support for the DVB card in the box and no HEVC so it might not be the solution you're looking for. Recent CE images will be more feature complete, but I have the impression CE are becomming more focussed on newer devices (and newer vendor kernels) as their latest kernel reportedly drops support for S905 (because the vendor BSP dropped support) .. so there's some renewed interest in the direction LE is taking.

• LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.80.9-box.img.gz is an experimental mainline kernel image that includes support for the WP2 *but* there is currently no upstream support for the DVB card in the box and no HEVC so it might not be the solution you're looking for. Recent CE images will be more feature complete, but I have the impression CE are becomming more focussed on newer devices (and newer vendor kernels) as their latest kernel reportedly drops support for S905 (because the vendor BSP dropped support) .. so there's some renewed interest in the direction LE is taking.

Hi Chewitt.

Thx for the reply. Yeah I see the problem and FYI I think there is a hardware problem with my box since it only boots into "safe mode" now and then I can't do anything.

So properly time to buy a new system. I am looking into maybe getting a nVidia Shield Pro devive and install LibreElec on that. Is that a good system that will be support for some years or is there a "better one" to buy. I have a 4K TV so would like a system that also supports this.....

Thank you.