Unable to connect to Libreelec repository & addon installation failed - Libreelec 9.2.6 - Pi4 2G

• Hello,

I am using Pi 4 with 2G RAM. It's a fresh-install. I am running version 9.2.6 of Libreelec. Micro-SD with 16G.

Whenever I go to the Kodi Repository and try to download ANY add-on, for example YouTube, I get unable to install add-on. Additionally, when I try to click the Libreelec repository, I am getting an error message, saying unable to connect to repository. Kodi repository works fine and displays addons, but as I said earlier, can't install anything.

What I've tried:

- I am connected to Wi-Fi, to verify, I signed in with SHH and pinged some servers, ICMP returned no problems and I was able to reach the servers

- I tried setting the Wait for Network for 30 seconds

- Storage is not full, it says 0% full

- Tried to install from YouTube addon ZIP, getting the same error again, unable to install

- Noticed that time is always set on 19:28, whenever I boot my Pi 4

- Noticed that the time is not displaying properly, changed to expert settings to set the time region and additionally set the ntp server to pool.ntp.org

- Log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I can access the services without problems on my RPi. The error is related to SSL certification. Maybe you have to change router settings:

Quote from kodi.log

2019-04-11 19:29:11.046 T:2676839280 DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 2676839280 terminating

2019-04-11 19:29:11.247 T:2876646256 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK(60)

• Check "date" on startup. If the date/time is not being set through NTP the clock be before the start-date validity on most SSL certificates, which means the cert is invalid (from the incorrect perspective of your box) and thus you see connection failures. If that's the case you need to figure out why NTP is failing to reset the clock. In some cases the solution is to add an RTC chip to the Pi so it can persist the date between reboots.

• The problem is with the time, I manually fixed the time by writing `date -s "..." `. After that everything worked as intended. Now I'm wondering why the NTP is not setting the time properly and every time I start the system, the date is at "2019-04-11 19:28:42".

After trying some different solutions , I managed to solve the problem by the following way: I just turned off the WiFi in the Kodi settings menu and I just connected my PI 4 and the router with an Ethernet Cable. This solved the issue and the time was correctly updated. I'm not sure why it didn't work with WiFi before.

• Thanks.

So for the records for such issues on RPIs: after checking the configuration try the latest wifi firmware by copying the update files to /storage/.config/firmware/brcm/.