LibreElec Add-on download failed

• Hello,

I'm a new user of LibreElec on a Raspberry PI zero W on which I try to run pocket projector from MickMake.

I've successfully installed LE 9.2.6 and Kodi runs perfectly,

But when I want to install any add-ons like system-tools that is required to activate I2C, the download fails.

I've tried other add-ons like Kodi log viewer, JDownloader, ... but all of them refused to be installed !

I have an IP address and I can have a remote connection via SSH so it's not a network issue.

I don't know how to view a log file to better understand what is wrong on my configuration.

As I'm a windows user (nobody is perfect ;)) I'm not very familiar with linux system.

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards

Cal78

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Hi Chewitt,

please find below the link to my kodi.log : http://pastebin.com/DxyGPMTV

It seems to be a problem of disk space with SQLLite DB.

I have installed Leia image on a sd card of 32 gb but may be there are some actions to do to resize a partition ?

Thank you very much for your help

Best regards

• Running "df -h" will show the size of the disk, and "ls -l /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons27.db" will show size of the DB file (which has no limits on size) so either this is a new install where for reasons unknown the default 32Kb /storage partition failed to resize to 100% of the available space during install (if yes, recreate the SD card and start over, or connect it to a Linux desktop to resize the partition with Gparted) or perhaps there's an isssue where the DB file is zero bytes (if yes, just delete it and reboot).

• Hi Chewitt,

yes you're right it's a problem of disk space as the Addons database is sized to 2 Mb :

PIProjector:~ # df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

devtmpfs 162.4M 4.0K 162.4M 0% /dev

/dev/mmcblk0p1 511.7M 139.7M 372.0M 27% /flash

/dev/loop0 127.0M 127.0M 0 100% /

/dev/mmcblk0p2 27.0M 26.3M 0 100% /storage

tmpfs 168.6M 0 168.6M 0% /dev/shm

tmpfs 168.6M 8.0M 160.6M 5% /run

tmpfs 168.6M 0 168.6M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup

tmpfs 168.6M 2.6M 166.0M 2% /var

tmpfs 168.6M 0 168.6M 0% /tmp

PIProjector:~ # ls -l /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons27.db

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2125824 Jan 3 17:12 /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons27.db

As it is stored on a 32 Gb sd card, I can resized the partition and I have an other Raspberry PI (RPI 400 :) ) so I can use Gparted.

Can I abuse of your experience to get instructions on Raspbian for using Gparted when I put the sd card in a USB reader with my RPI 400 ?

I promise to read Linux for Newbies next month :)

• I do most partitioning work on remote servers via CLI so it's maybe 2.5 years since I last used gparted and I couldn't give you steps without installing a distro to describe it from .. and I'm not interested in that level of spoon-feeding. Just make the SD card again and let the installer expand things on first-boot. I'd guess you can't have installed or done much before running out of space so it's not hard to start over.

• Hi,

just for your information I used GParted on my second raspberry (it's really easy to use) and saw the content of SD Card with 2 partitions :

- sda1 in fat16 of 512 Mb where 370 Mb are unused

- sda2 in ext4 of 29 Gb with only 60 Mb used for storage

So I think there was a problem during first installation and I read on the forum that it could happen so I will try tips with fs-resize and if it doesn't work, I will make a new SD Card.

Thank you