Fans don't work?

• Hi all.

I recently set up LibreElec on a Raspberri Pi 4b. I also purchased an 'Armour Cae with Dual Cooling Fan' for the device.

I connected the wires to the 4th and 6th GPIO pins as instructed and installed the heatsink and then went through the setup and config process of LibreElec.

After installing LibreELEC (9.2.6) and booting it up, the fans did not power on or spin at all.

I've spent quite a while searching these forums and other places for advice on how to get the fan to work, all of the guides seem not relevant. I cant find any appropriate addons for controlling the fan (ideally I'd like it on when reaching a termperature threshold but at this point I'm willing to settle for _ON_).

All the other guides I can find require dependancies that I can't seem to meet (using make to build software, using python3 (Libelec ships with python2), etc). Some of the other pages suggest having to do a bit more complex wiring involving some transistors and the like in line but that seems like an oversight given the 'install guide' from the vendor doesnt mention anything like that at all either.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• The fans should just switch on when your Pi is booted up...if they didn't they might be faulty..assuming that they are just normal fans with no circuit...

If you want to trigger the fans from script you ll need a transistor either way you go..both PWM or just ON/OFF depending on Temp...otherwise your other option is always ON..

It's not hard really to wire them..you don t even need solder if you r not good in soldering..just use DuPont connectors..

Here is all you need

• Hmmm interesting.

Yeah, they just plug in to the headers fine. Pin 4 to red 6 to ground.

I'll try wire them up to a power supply tomorrow to test they work. It's new so I'd be surpised if they don't.

So just confirming I don't have to do anything to start them? Just powering up the Rpi with Libreelec and the the fans connected and an adequate power supply is enough?

• Armour Cae with Dual Cooling Fan

So just confirming I don't have to do anything to start them? Just powering up the Rpi with Libreelec and the the fans connected and an adequate power supply is enough?

I have a couple of similar cases, even plugged in att 3,3V they start when LibreELEC boots.