Wetek Core - v7.90.008 - huge lag - 1 FPS

• Hello,

Testing v7.90.008 on a Wetek Core. Installed skin is Amber 3.0.4

Was watching a Youtube video using version 5.2.2 of the add-on (this one)

The video played to the end and then I left the box on, didn't touch anything.

When I tried to use the box again after a few hours, it had huge lag (0.9-1 FPS). I "fought" myself through the menu and enabled logging and then uploaded the log files through the Libreelec program.

Here is the link to the logs: AZRO

Hope it helps.

• With all bugs in Kodi, activate the default skin and reproduce the error(s).
    Since LibreELEC is still in Alpha-modus, too many variables (as in 3rd party skins) can also be very confusing while debugging errors.

• I have encountered this problem as well on the Core with Krypton builds using various skins including the default Estuary skin. The Kodi UI becomes very unresponsive after sitting idle for random periods of time. Interestingly, a restart of Kodi doesn't correct the problem, a reboot of the Core is required.

• We believe there is a memory leak in Amlogic builds as we see OOM issues on several devices (and sooner on ones with 1GB RAM) but we haven't been able to pin down the cause yet. No guarantees that's the issue though. I'm also conscious the 3.10 kernel used on older WeTek devices like the Core hasn't had quite the same level of developer love as the 3.14 kernel.

• I have encountered this problem as well on the Core with Krypton builds using various skins including the default Estuary skin. The Kodi UI becomes very unresponsive after sitting idle for random periods of time. Interestingly, a restart of Kodi doesn't correct the problem, a reboot of the Core is required.

Yes, same thing happened here. I had to reboot
    [hr]

We believe there is a memory leak in Amlogic builds as we see OOM issues on several devices (and sooner on ones with 1GB RAM) but we haven't been able to pin down the cause yet. No guarantees that's the issue though. I'm also conscious the 3.10 kernel used on older WeTek devices like the Core hasn't had quite the same level of developer love as the 3.14 kernel.

Is there a way we can provide more specific feedback so you can more easily pinpoint the issue?

Or maybe there is a way to use the 3.14 kernel for the Core?

Thank you!

Edited once, last by musicadi (November 6, 2016 at 4:16 PM).