Wetek play 2 build

• i do same proccess with librelec 9 with other sd card and its booting ok.

The LE11 release announcement clearly states the boot process is different and provides a helpful link to the Amlogic wiki article where the instructions have been documented. I've also told you multiple times to read the same article. Why? .. because the process is different.

PEBKAC /shrug

• The Wetek-Play boots with the box image, but the image on the monitor has greenish diagonal stripes. Nothing is recognizable. Same thing on another monitor.

Edit: found it with reading the whole thread once more: name-variable ...

Now the Box starts. If I see it right, there is no driver for DVB-device within the box-image?

help me friend i m here as u said..greenish diagonal stripes...how do u overcome this issue..i rename uEnv.ini file like this

dtb_name=/dtb/meson-gxbb-wetek-play2.dtb

now its booting but as u said nothing is recognizeable.

@@ these 2 sign should be remove or not?(in the begining and in the end )

and for edit file any specific tool or we can edit with notepad or wordpad?

• after reading posts and wiki again and again

i manage to install libreelec 11 at last..

but now no addons are working for me.

every addon giving me error when i try to install.

dependencies fail message appear again and again.

• There were some issues with installing add-ons from the LE repo when LE11 first launched but those have been resolved now. What add-ons are you trying to install, and from which repo?

• Just use the "box" image and run from SD card.

i made the same mistake some others. i didn't use libreelec usb creator (it was not explicitly said in wetek play 2 page) modified uEnv.ini and all, but i couldn't resize my tiny / or /storage partition. now i try to boot again from sd card built with libreelec usb creator, but it won't. it just keeps on booting to the nand running "wrong" system. is there a file i can put somewhere to force the box to boot from sdcard?

thanks

• The second partition on the SD card is designed to self-resize on first-boot so there is no need to "fix" this non-problem. Just create an SD from the box image and set the dtb name in uEnv.ini .. and that's all to do. As per the Amlogic page in the wiki; do not rename dtb files to dtb.img; do not change the location of files.

• figured by writing the wetek play 2 img.gz on the stick instead of the box version. what i suspect is that the box thought that the sdcard contains the exact same system, why would i boot from sdcard. but that doesn't sound very real.. anyway this way i could boot from sdcard, could wget the correct img file, and could run emmctool w libreelec11.img.gz and it's all good now. thanks for your hard work keep it up!

r

• figured by writing the wetek play 2 img.gz on the stick instead of the box version. what i suspect is that the box thought that the sdcard contains the exact same system, why would i boot from sdcard. but that doesn't sound very real.. anyway this way i could boot from sdcard, could wget the correct img file, and could run emmctool w libreelec11.img.gz and it's all good now.

That sounds like the wrong way around. Android (vendor) u-boot will not boot the WP2 image as it doesn't understand any of the extlinux boot files. If you boot from the box image which has boot.scr and s905_autoscript etc. it should boot. Unless somehow you broke/erased vendor u-boot; then the WP2 image on SD will boot as vendor u-boot on eMMC doesn't exist. Either way.. glad you got there in the end.

• Running LE11 from the internal emmc requires upstream u-boot; which that image contains. It cannot boot the box from SD card because vendor u-boot doesn't support the extlinux boot files needed for upstream u-boot. so you boot the box image (so emmc is not in-use) and then download and install the board image (that image) to emmc. Others have grasped that and succesfully installed. You haven't, but that's not really something I can solve. Your weird screen issue is not reported anywhere before so it's probably rare or something odd and unique about your environment. And the AMLGX image is not perfect, nor advertised as being perfect. But it works good-enough for me and my very typical media collection, and likely others have a similar experience (active install numbers are increasing). So sorry it's not for you, but we can't please everyone. I suggest you stick with 9.0.2 or bin the device or run Android or whatever you prefer.

Just asking for clarification here; Can the WT Play 2 run the latest LE using the "box" image or do you need emmc install to use the latest LE on WT Play 2? My Play 2 is on the 3.2 WEOs and runs Kodi in the Android enviroment albeit max resolution is only 1920 X 1080. I want to run Kodi on 4k resolution so I'm hoping to dual boot. If it's NOT possible to run the latest LE using the "box" image, what's the latest LE version that can boot from SD and allow me to run LE at 4k resolution?

• This would only be true if the word "official" was included in your sentence. Otherwise, the v9.2.8 is the latest, which contains the built-in tuner driver.

Thanks for the clarification dtech. I don't really need the tuner drivers, I just want to run Kodi on 4k resolution. I'll give chewitt's suggestion a try and if I find LE 11 on WT Play2 a no go, then I'll run the "latest" v9.2.8. Since I plan to dual boot, I can still run the latest Kodi albeit in the Android enviroment.

• WP2 will boot from Android/WeOS using the "box" image or if you overwrite WeOS, using the WP2 board image. All has been written in the wiki docs. Kodi will output the GUI at 1080p max (hard silicon limit) but video can be ouput at 4K with caveats: upstream code for S905 only supports 4K with 8-bit HEVC; because S905 doesn't support 10-bit, 4K H264 was never implemented in upstream drivers, and there is currently no HDR>SDR conversion. I would position any S905 device as 1080p max; you might find some content works at 4K, but most 4K media these days is HEVC/10-bit/HDR so it won't output or look right.

• WP2 will boot from Android/WeOS using the "box" image or if you overwrite WeOS, using the WP2 board image. All has been written in the wiki docs. Kodi will output the GUI at 1080p max (hard silicon limit) but video can be ouput at 4K with caveats: upstream code for S905 only supports 4K with 8-bit HEVC; because S905 doesn't support 10-bit, 4K H264 was never implemented in upstream drivers, and there is currently no HDR>SDR conversion. I would position any S905 device as 1080p max; you might find some content works at 4K, but most 4K media these days is HEVC/10-bit/HDR so it won't output or look right.

Thanks chewitt. I tried loading LE11 but finally settled on dtech's v9.2.8. One good thing with the WT Play2 is that it automatically enables dual boot and this allows me to use 2 OS unlike other boxes I have. If I can only run a Linux distro on the Play2, that would be the most I can ask from this box.