Chrome Addon Missing libxkbcommon.so.0

• Hi there,

It seems Google updated Chrome to need libxkbcommon.so.0 and it seems that's not present in the current pacakge. When installing/reinstalling the current Chrome package from the LE Kodi Repo Chrome is unable to launch, looking the service.log file I saw the following:

Code
    ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/browser.chrome # cat service.log
    /storage/.kodi/addons/browser.chrome/chrome-bin/chrome: error while loading shared libraries: libxkbcommon.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm unable to find such library on the system anywhere, nor I know how to compile it properly to test if that would be a the correct fix.

I've tried multiple versions of LE and off course that didn't matter.

• Cool, thanks CvH !

I wasn't able to install the Zip file on LE 9.2.6 due to the set requirement of xbmc.python 3.0.0

But, manually copying the missing file to the lib folder of the currently installed 9.2.0.103 Chrome release did fix the issue.

• Same message about xbmc.python 3.0.0 when trying to install from zip.

Can you explain (for dummies like me) how to copy the file? Copying from an usb with the file manager does not work neither.

• ainebru Download and unzip the zip file CvH uploaded: browser.chrome-9.80.8.104.zip

When unzipped, open the lib folder and copy the libxkbcommon.so.0 to the your Libreelec device (in my example I'll copy the file to the Downloads share, in a folder Chrome_Fix).

Then ensure that ssh is enabled, by going to the Libreelec config menu in Kodi settings, also look for the ip address.

Using Putty (or any other SSH Client) and connect to the Libreelec box.

Default username and password seem to be:

user: root

password: libreelec

Once logged on as root execute the following:

cp /storage/downloads/Chrome_Fix/libxkbcommon.so.0 /storage/.kodi/addons/browser.chrome/lib/ -f

Above is the command to copy (cp source destination -force) the file that we've copied to the Downloads share earlier (to the Chrome_Fix folder) and we copy it to the lib folder of the Chrome addon.

Off course make sure Chrome is not running, the addon is installed and when done, make sure to disable SSH again if you don't need it again. If you do, it's best to set a SSH password instead of the default one.

Hope this is specific enough to help you out!

• Now I'm puzzled once again. It seems that this version of Chrome doesn't like HDMI sound or so it seems. I was able to update Chrome on a test build USB stick and it works fine on my desktop. I tried the same usb on my HTPC setup which is hooked up to my Sony TV and Chrome fires up nicely and all is working. YouTube sound is fine. As soon as I try to watch BlazeTV from Chrome no sound. Sometimes I get dreaded "Aw Snap" thing. It may related to the HDMI audio. Here's the Kodi - System Audio Settings:

ALSA:HDA:Intel, SNY SONY TV *00 on HDMI #1

I have Chrome on another disc on this system running under Windows and sound works for all apps. Anyone have any suggestions?

I need a new ACME catalog I guess.

• Reddirt that isn't a result of the new file.

I might be wrong, but you may need to play around with "Use Custom Audio Device" settings in the Chrome Addon.

First find the correct Audio device by connecting to SSH of your libreelec device, when connected run: aplay -l

Then define that in the plugin.

I'll use my situation as an example:

I then looked at the Audio settings in Kodi and saw that I'm using: ALSA: HDA Intel PCH, DON DENON-AVRHD on DisplayPort #0

Seeing there was no DisplayPort 0 returned in the aplay I figured that's just HDMI 0 (same same, but different).

So that meant, Card 0, Device 3

I then went to the Chrome addon, enabled "Use Custom Audio Device" and entered: plughw:0,3

Gave the system a reboot just to be sure and now I had audio from Chrome whatever I did.

Sound problem in Chrome for more info and links to other topics.

Please note: Just entering plughw:0,7 in your case, based of my results will probably not help you, it's really needed that you'll run your own aplay -l on the Libreelec box, interpret your own results and define the plughw: based on your situation.

Hope it helps!

• You are correct that this is not a new issue. My setting using the custom audio device are hw:0,7 on my system. My issue appears to be an HDMI issue with this Chrome build. This is isolated to one app in particular blazetv.com (so far). It works fine same setup using Chrome running under Windows but the LE Chrome version fails sometimes with "Uh oh" Chrome errors. At the same time all other sites that use audio work fine. Just trying to narrow down the cause. I was simply hoping the new version might fix the problem but so far no such luck. Thanks for the response as I'm about to give up on it. Not that big a deal I just need to reboot to another system to watch this app. Thanks again for the help.

RD