Posts by kevinnns

Reddirt that isn't a result of the new file.

I might be wrong, but you may need to play around with "Use Custom Audio Device" settings in the Chrome Addon.

First find the correct Audio device by connecting to SSH of your libreelec device, when connected run: aplay -l

Then define that in the plugin.

I'll use my situation as an example:

I then looked at the Audio settings in Kodi and saw that I'm using: ALSA: HDA Intel PCH, DON DENON-AVRHD on DisplayPort #0

Seeing there was no DisplayPort 0 returned in the aplay I figured that's just HDMI 0 (same same, but different).

So that meant, Card 0, Device 3

I then went to the Chrome addon, enabled "Use Custom Audio Device" and entered: plughw:0,3

Gave the system a reboot just to be sure and now I had audio from Chrome whatever I did.

Sound problem in Chrome for more info and links to other topics.

Please note: Just entering plughw:0,7 in your case, based of my results will probably not help you, it's really needed that you'll run your own aplay -l on the Libreelec box, interpret your own results and define the plughw: based on your situation.

Hope it helps!

ainebru Download and unzip the zip file CvH uploaded: browser.chrome-9.80.8.104.zip

When unzipped, open the lib folder and copy the libxkbcommon.so.0 to the your Libreelec device (in my example I'll copy the file to the Downloads share, in a folder Chrome_Fix).

Then ensure that ssh is enabled, by going to the Libreelec config menu in Kodi settings, also look for the ip address.

Using Putty (or any other SSH Client) and connect to the Libreelec box.

Default username and password seem to be:

user: root

password: libreelec

Once logged on as root execute the following:

cp /storage/downloads/Chrome_Fix/libxkbcommon.so.0 /storage/.kodi/addons/browser.chrome/lib/ -f

Above is the command to copy (cp source destination -force) the file that we've copied to the Downloads share earlier (to the Chrome_Fix folder) and we copy it to the lib folder of the Chrome addon.

Off course make sure Chrome is not running, the addon is installed and when done, make sure to disable SSH again if you don't need it again. If you do, it's best to set a SSH password instead of the default one.

Hope this is specific enough to help you out!

Hi there,

It seems Google updated Chrome to need libxkbcommon.so.0 and it seems that's not present in the current pacakge. When installing/reinstalling the current Chrome package from the LE Kodi Repo Chrome is unable to launch, looking the service.log file I saw the following:

Code
    ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/browser.chrome # cat service.log
    /storage/.kodi/addons/browser.chrome/chrome-bin/chrome: error while loading shared libraries: libxkbcommon.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm unable to find such library on the system anywhere, nor I know how to compile it properly to test if that would be a the correct fix.

I've tried multiple versions of LE and off course that didn't matter.

It doesn't work for me. :(

I've selected 9.2.0.101, 102 and 103, all with the same result.

It installs, but not run.

Same here, but it's not related to LE 9.2.6, it seems related to a missing Library for the newer Chrome version(s) (I guess).

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/browser.chrome/chrome-bin/chrome: error while loading shared libraries: libxkbcommon.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory