Configuring Tinc to connect to an existing network?

• I have a preexisting personal vpn using tinc, and I was trying to add my mediacenter in it.

I could not find any documentation on how to add node files to its configuration. I found out there's some files in `/run/tinc` and I added two nodes via `tinc import` but it doesn't appear to work. There's also a vmnet_le dir in there that looks like a network, but dunno.

Any help?

• Have a look here ;) and read some earlier posts as well. Not sure why Klojum relating own vpn to piracy but that not my interest....

This is my tinc.start file in /storage/.kodi/addons/http://service.system.tinc/bin

After this you need to create vmnet_htpc folder in addon folder with normal tinc config and addon will start using this and not defaults

• if [ -d "$DIR_LEGACY" ]; then

Ok, I was able to make it start correctly by putting my config in

/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/http://service.system.tinc/.config/

But, it appears there's some issue with openssl:

How do I downgrade the addon?

• What version you use on other devices? I'm connecting to libreelec from android tinc which is 1.1pre17 and installed same version on Ubuntu on my work machine. Works no hassle since day one and is 4 times faster than openvpn..

• What version you use on other devices?

1.0.36 and 1.0.35 (the two vps "hubs") -- and they work fine with both 1.0 and 1.1 clients, as I use tincapp.pacien.org on android.

As for openssl, I have

OpenSSL 1.1.1d 10 Sep 2019

on the mediacenter (it's a raspberry pi 3)

and

OpenSSL 1.1.1f 31 Mar 2020

on one node (Ubuntu 20.04) and

OpenSSL 1.1.1d 10 Sep 2019

on the second node (Debian 10)

• I don't have a tinc.config.

• Can you see route to 10.9.0.0/32 network?

That part looks ok (10.9.0.1 is natmachine, 10.9.0.3 is quake)

And attached is the network as I see it from lemure (my laptop, 10.9.0.2) -- gorilla is currently switched off