Upgraded from version 8.2.5 to 9.2.4 and cover art missing

• Hello,

I probably should just have left "well alone" as I had a nice little setup with Libreelec version 8.2.5 on my NUC but decided to upgrade to the latest. Since I couldn't do it from within the Libreelec as the system partion was to small for that update I went with the "fresh install" option and created a bootable USB (and idiotically, even though I made a "backup" of my current settings I stupidly used the default path vs. saving it outside on my server -- so when I installed 9.2.4 version and the process wiped out the entire hard drive in my NUC it obviously also destoyed my backup .tar).

my issue that am having is that for some strange reason, cover art is not downloading for the media I re-added. I can see the titles and when I click on "info" I do get the descriptions of the TV shows and/or Movies but no cover art. I tried "refreshing" and even downloaded Artwork Beef and tried to use that to update (and it cycled through and I could see that it was "adding" artwork to the TV shows but after it finished I still don't see any cover art. When I choose "show fan art" for a show, the screen just goes completely "black" until I exit out and go back. Does anyone know what could be causing this? it's extremely frustrating as I ok re-adding all my media (after my backup debacle failed) and adding the old add-ons I want/need, but I just don't understand why the cover art would just be blank?

another issue I ran into is that the old mapping I had for my Logitech One remote for the Context Menu doesn't seem to work anymore -- every time I hit "context menu" on the remote now I get a "No PVR add-on enabled" message.....does anyone know what the fix might be for that? Sorry if all these questions are trivial as I haven't been working with Libreelec for quite some time or had to configure things.

appreciate any assistance on things to try to make the cover art load/show up. thank you!

• It's a bug that came up a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, it's likely a bug that goes deeper into Kodi core,

and so team Kodi is considering a 18.9 release. Which could stir up things for a LibreELEC 9.2.6 release...
    But we're not all there yet.

• Thank you so much for letting me know!! At least I can stop obsessing about what I did wrong and driving my wife crazy for spending "hours" trying to fix Kodi :) Is there an "earlier" LibreELEC version I could use during a fresh install that does not have this bug or do you suggest that it is just better to sit tight and wait for an update at this point. Again, really appreciate the response as I got pretty upset with myself for upgrading when the old 17.6 Kodi version worked just fine.

• It's a bug that came up a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, it's likely a bug that goes deeper into Kodi core,

and so team Kodi is considering a 18.9 release. Which could stir up things for a LibreELEC 9.2.6 release...
    But we're not all there yet.

Kodi has now officially released 18.9 to fix the issue with tmdb. I need this fix as well.

I'm new to Libreelec, Is there a way to update Kodi to 18.9? Is an update coming for Libreelec?

• Unfortunately this is no option for me as the skin I'm using (Xonfluence) has several dependencies not met anymore in the Matrix release.

The nightly fixed the Cloudflare bug but no fafvourite skin anymore then ...

So I'm waiting for a new Leia release.

Thanks to all developers for their good work!

• No ETA for major releases, but you can switch to the nightly builds update channel.

Thanks. I'm using an RPi3 with 9.2.4 installed. Can you briefly explain how to switch to the nightly builds and which one to select for Kodi 18.9? I have searched, but couldn't find the instructions. 🙏

• rhino I've been noticed that the Milhouse update channel is out of date. Instead use the latest RPi2 test build from here. It's based on the brand new Kodi 18.9. You can update by putting the image into the /storage/.update folder and reboot. Be careful: make a backup before the update or use another microSD.

Thanks! I gave it a go. I downloaded and copied the tar file to the Upate folder and rebooted. It appeared to be updating, but resulted in 18.8 and 9.2.4 according to the system info. This is the file I used:

What did I do wrong? Wrong file? 🙄

• Ok got it now. Glad I didn't mess anything up using the wrong file initially. Unfortunately 18.9 didn't fully fix my missing posters, apparently most are missing due to a purge of artwork from tmdb earlier this year. I ended up having to refresh all the artwork manually 🙄